To Be or Not to Be... a Scientist?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:lan:wpaper:2153 is not listed on IDEAS
- Keith A. Bender & John S. Heywood, 2009.
"Educational Mismatch among Ph.D.s: Determinants and Consequences,"
NBER Chapters,in: Science and Engineering Careers in the United States: An Analysis of Markets and Employment, pages 229-255
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keith A. Bender & John S. Heywood, 2006. "Educational Mismatch Among Ph.D.s: Determinants and Consequences," NBER Working Papers 12693, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:lan:wpaper:2155 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arcidiacono, Peter, 2004. "Ability sorting and the returns to college major," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 121(1-2), pages 343-375.
- repec:lan:wpaper:2271 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:lan:wpaper:2409 is not listed on IDEAS
- James D. Adams, 2009. "Is the U.S. Losing Its Preeminence in Higher Education?," NBER Working Papers 15233, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Why encourage more students to choose scientific careers?
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2012-03-06 21:45:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luc Bridet & Margaret Leighton, 2015. "The Major Decision: Labor Market Implications of the Timing of Specialization in College," Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics 201510, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews.
More about this item
Keywordsscience; graduate; labour market;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J44 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Professional Labor Markets and Occupations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2012-02-27 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2012-02-27 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-SOG-2012-02-27 (Sociology of Economics)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6353. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .