Migration and Stratification
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Joni Hersch, 2008. "Profiling the New Immigrant Worker: The Effects of Skin Color and Height," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 345-386, April.
- Irma Elo & Neil Mehta & Cheng Huang, 2011. "Disability Among Native-born and Foreign-born Blacks in the United States," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 48(1), pages 241-265, February.
- Mincer, Jacob, 1978. "Family Migration Decisions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 749-773, October.
- repec:hrv:faseco:32095399 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guillermina Jasso, 2009.
"Ethnicity and the immigration of highly skilled workers to the United States,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 30(1/2), pages 26-42, March.
- Jasso, Guillermina, 2009. "Ethnicity and the Immigration of Highly Skilled Workers to the United States," IZA Discussion Papers 3950, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Glenn C. Loury, 2003. "Racial Stigma: Toward a New Paradigm for Discrimination Theory," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 334-337, May.
- Leif Jensen & Jeffrey H. Cohen & Almeida Jacqueline Toribio & Gordon F. De Jong & Leila Rodríguez, 2006. "Ethnic Identities, Language, and Economic Outcomes Among Dominicans in a New Destination," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 87(s1), pages 1088-1099.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2006.100974_7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jasso, Guillermina & Massey, Douglas S. & Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Smith, James P., 2008. "From Illegal to Legal: Estimating Previous Illegal Experience among New Legal Immigrants to the United States," IZA Discussion Papers 3441, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Leif Jensen & Jeffrey H. Cohen & Almeida Jacqueline Toribio & Gordon F. De Jong & Leila Rodríguez, 2006. "Ethnic Identities, Language, and Economic Outcomes Among Dominicans in a New Destination," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 87(5), pages 1088-1099.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hilke Brockmann, 2012. "Das Glück der Migranten: eine Lebenslaufanalyse zum subjektiven Wohlbefinden von Migranten der ersten Generation in Deutschland," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 504, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Irma Elo & Elizabeth Frankenberg & Romeo Gansey & Duncan Thomas, 2015. "Africans in the American Labor Market," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 52(5), pages 1513-1542, October.
- Zhang, Wei & Hong, Seunghye & Takeuchi, David T. & Mossakowski, Krysia N., 2012. "Limited English proficiency and psychological distress among Latinos and Asian Americans," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(6), pages 1006-1014.
- Hotchkiss, Julie L. & Quispe-Agnoli, Myriam & Rios-Avila, Fernando, 2012. "The wage impact of undocumented workers," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2012-04, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Kevin J. A. Thomas, 2016. "Highly Skilled Migration from Africa to the US: Exit Mechanisms, Demographic Determinants, and the Role of Socioeconomic Trends," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 35(6), pages 825-849, December.
More about this item
Keywordsnativity premium; immigration; children of immigrants; immigrant visas; social stratification; gender; race; Hispanic origin; skin color; presentation of self; visa depression; New Immigrant Survey; illegal experience; English fluency; spouse selection;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2011-08-22 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2011-08-22 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2011-08-22 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-URE-2011-08-22 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp5904. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.