Role Selection and Team Performance
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Davis, James H., 1992. "Some compelling intuitions about group consensus decisions, theoretical and empirical research, and interpersonal aggregation phenomena: Selected examples 1950-1990," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 3-38, June.
- Charness, Gary & Jackson, Matthew O., 2007.
"Group play in games and the role of consent in network formation,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 417-445, September.
- Gary Charness & Matthew O. Jackson, 2004. "Group Play in Games and the Role of Consent in Network Formation," Levine's Bibliography 122247000000000213, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Charness, Gary & Jackson, Matthew O., 2004. "Group Play in Games and the Role of Consent in Network Formation," Working Papers 1193, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Matthew Jackson & Gary Charness, 2004. "Group Play in Games and the Role of Consent in Network Formation," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 654, Econometric Society.
- Charness, Gary B & Jackson, Matthew O., 2006. "Group Play in Games and the Role of Consent in Network Formation," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt3wd3q7qz, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Wolfgang Luhan & Martin Kocher & Matthias Sutter, 2009.
"Group polarization in the team dictator game reconsidered,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 12(1), pages 26-41, March.
- Wolfgang J. Luhan & Martin G. Kocher & Matthias Sutter, 2006. "Group Polarization in the Team Dictator Game reconsidered," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 06-099/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Luhan, W.J. & Kocher, Martin G. & Sutter, Matthias, 2009. "Group polarization in the team dictator game reconsidered," Munich Reprints in Economics 18216, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Wolfgang Luhan & Martin Kocher & Matthias Sutter, 2007. "Group polarization in the team dictator game reconsidered," Working Papers 2007-12, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Martin G. Kocher & Matthias Sutter, 2005.
"The Decision Maker Matters: Individual Versus Group Behaviour in Experimental Beauty-Contest Games,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(500), pages 200-223, January.
- Martin G. Kocher & Matthias Sutter, 2004. "The Decision Maker Matters: Individual versus Group Behaviour in Experimental Beauty-Contest Games," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2004-09, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Kocher, Martin G. & Sutter, Matthias, 2005. "The decision maker matters: Individual versus group behaviour in experimental beauty-contest games," Munich Reprints in Economics 18213, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Charles A. Holt & Susan K. Laury, 2002. "Risk Aversion and Incentive Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1644-1655, December.
- David J. Cooper & John H. Kagel, 2005. "Are Two Heads Better Than One? Team versus Individual Play in Signaling Games," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(3), pages 477-509, June.
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
- Patt, Anthony & Zeckhauser, Richard, 2000. "Action Bias and Environmental Decisions," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 45-72, July.
- Gary Bornstein & Ilan Yaniv, 1998. "Individual and Group Behavior in the Ultimatum Game: Are Groups More “Rational” Players?," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 1(1), pages 101-108, June.
- M. Casari & J. Zhang & C. Jackson, 2011.
"When Do Groups Perform Better than Individuals? A Company Takeover Experiment,"
wp763, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Marco Casari & Jingjing Zhang & Christine Jackson, 2012. "When do groups perform better than individuals? A company takeover experiment," IEW - Working Papers 504, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Greiner, Ben, 2004. "An Online Recruitment System for Economic Experiments," MPRA Paper 13513, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brit Grosskopf & Yoella Bereby-Meyer & Max Bazerman, 2007. "On the Robustness of the Winnerâ€™s Curse Phenomenon," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 63(4), pages 389-418, December.
- Blinder, Alan S & Morgan, John, 2005. "Are Two Heads Better than One? Monetary Policy by Committee," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 37(5), pages 789-811, October.
- Casey Ichniowski & Kathryn Shaw, 1999. "The Effects of Human Resource Management Systems on Economic Performance: An International Comparison of U.S. and Japanese Plants," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(5), pages 704-721, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marco Casari & Jingjing Zhang & Christine Jackson, 2016. "Same process, different outcomes: group performance in an acquiring a company experiment," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 19(4), pages 764-791, December.
- van Dijk, Frans & Sonnemans, Joep & Bauw, Eddy, 2014. "Judicial error by groups and individuals," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 224-235.
- Casari, Marco & Zhang, Jingjing & Jackson, Christine, 2015. "Same Process, Different Outcomes: Group Performance in an Acquiring a Company Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 9614, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordsrole selection in teams; team performance; takeover game; winner's curse; communication; experiment;
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- C92 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Group Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2011-08-15 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EVO-2011-08-15 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2011-08-15 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-HRM-2011-08-15 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-PPM-2011-08-15 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp5892. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .