On the Robustness of the Winnerâ€™s Curse Phenomenon
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schotter, Andrew & Sopher, Barry, 2007.
"Advice and behavior in intergenerational ultimatum games: An experimental approach,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 365-393, February.
- Shotter, A. & Sopher, B., 2001. "Advice and Behavior in Intergenerational Ultimatum Games: An Experimental Approach," Working Papers 01-04, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- A. Roth & I. Er’ev, 2010. "Learning in Extensive Form Games: Experimental Data and Simple Dynamic Models in the Intermediate Run," Levine's Working Paper Archive 387, David K. Levine.
- Colin Camerer & Teck-Hua Ho, 1999. "Experience-weighted Attraction Learning in Normal Form Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(4), pages 827-874, July.
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
- Ball, Sheryl B. & Bazerman, Max H. & Carroll, John S., 1991. "An evaluation of learning in the bilateral winner's curse," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 1-22, February.
- Smith, Vernon L, 1985. "Experimental Economics: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 264-272, March.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Reinhard Selten & Klaus Abbink & Ricarda Cox, 2005. "Learning Direction Theory and the Winner’s Curse," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 8(1), pages 5-20, April.
- Grosskopf, Brit & Nagel, Rosemarie, 2008. "The two-person beauty contest," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 93-99, January.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1986. "Rational Choice and the Framing of Decisions," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages 251-278, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eyal Ert & Stephanie Creary & Max H. Bazerman, 2014. "Cynicism in negotiation: When communication increases buyers' skepticism," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 9(3), pages 191-198, May.
- Sivan Frenkel & Yuval Heller & Roee Teper, 2017. "The Endowment Effect as a Blessing," Working Papers 2017-06, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Gary Charness & Dan Levin, 2009.
"The Origin of the Winner's Curse: A Laboratory Study,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 207-236, February.
- Gary Charness & Dan Levin, 2005. "The Origin of the Winner’s Curse: A Laboratory Study," Levine's Bibliography 666156000000000602, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Christina Fang & Sari Carp & Zur Shapira, 2011. "Prior Divergence: Do Researchers and Participants Share the Same Prior Probability Distributions?," Discussion Paper Series dp587, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Ido Erev & Sharon Gilat-Yihyie & Davide Marchiori & Doron Sonsino, 2015. "On loss aversion, level-1 reasoning, and betting," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 44(1), pages 113-133, February.
- Griffin, Robert, 2013. "Auction designs for allocating wind energy leases on the U.S. outer continentalshelf," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 603-611.
- Marco Casari & Jingjing Zhang & Christine Jackson, 2016. "Same process, different outcomes: group performance in an acquiring a company experiment," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 19(4), pages 764-791, December.
- Ellen Garbarino & Robert Slonim, 2007. "Preferences and decision errors in the winner’s curse," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 241-257, June.
- Nadine Chlaß, 2011. "On Individual Cursedness - How personality shapes individuals' sensitivity to incur a winner's curse -," Jena Economic Research Papers 2011-027, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Charness, Gary B & Levin, Dan, 2007. "The Origin of the Winnerâ€™s Curse: A Laboratory Study," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt8g88c6ww, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Zaby, Alexandra & Güth, Werner & Pull, Kerstin & Stadler, Manfred, 2014.
"Compulsory Disclosure of Private Information - Theoretical and Experimental Results for the Acquiring-a-Company Game,"
Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy
100520, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Güth, Werner & Pull, Kerstin & Stadler, Manfred & Zaby, Alexandra, 2014. "Compulsory disclosure of private information theoretical and experimental results for the "acquiring-a-company" game," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 69, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Werner Güth & Kerstin Pull & Manfred Stadler & Alexandra Zaby, 2014. "Compulsory Disclosure of Private Information Theoretical and Experimental Results for the "Acquiring-a-Company" Game," Jena Economic Research Papers 2014-003, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Cooper, David J. & Sutter, Matthias, 2011. "Role Selection and Team Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 5892, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- M. Casari & J. Zhang & C. Jackson, 2011.
"When Do Groups Perform Better than Individuals? A Company Takeover Experiment,"
wp763, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Marco Casari & Jingjing Zhang & Christine Jackson, 2012. "When do groups perform better than individuals? A company takeover experiment," IEW - Working Papers 504, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- repec:eee:jetheo:v:174:y:2018:i:c:p:57-102 is not listed on IDEAS
- Axel Ockenfels & David Reiley & Abdolkarim Sadrieh, 2006. "Online Auctions," NBER Working Papers 12785, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nadine ChlaÃŸ & Werner GÃ¼th & Christoph Vanberg, 2007. "Social Learning of Efficiency Enhancing Trade With(out) Market Entry Costs - An experimental study," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2006-36, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Georganas, Sotiris & Healy, Paul J. & Weber, Roberto A., 2015. "On the persistence of strategic sophistication," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 159(PA), pages 369-400.
- Werner Güth & Kerstin Pull & Manfred Stadler & Alexandra K. Zaby, 2017.
"Blindfolded vs. Informed Ultimatum Bargaining – A Theoretical and Experimental Analysis,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 18(4), pages 444-467, November.
- Güth, Werner & Pull, Kerstin & Stadler, Manfred & Zaby, Alexandra, 2016. "Blindfolded vs. informed ultimatum bargaining: A theoretical and experimental analysis," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 90, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Roee Teper, 2014. "The Endowment Effect as a Blessing," Working Paper 5862, Department of Economics, University of Pittsburgh.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:249-262 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chlaß, Nadine & Perea, Andrés, 2016. "How do people reason in dynamic games?," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145881, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Frenkel, Sivan & Heller, Yuval & Teper, Roee, 2012. "Endowment as a blessing," MPRA Paper 39430, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 Apr 2012.
- Marco Casari & Christine Jackson & Jingjing Zhang, 2009. "Do Groups Fall Prey to the Winner's Curse?," Department of Economics Working Papers 2009-18, McMaster University.
- Casari, Marco & Zhang, Jingjing & Jackson, Christine, 2015. "Same Process, Different Outcomes: Group Performance in an Acquiring a Company Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 9614, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordswinnerâ€™s curse; asymmetric information; cognitive learning; C78; C91;
- C78 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Bargaining Theory; Matching Theory
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:theord:v:63:y:2007:i:4:p:389-418. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .