On the Robustness of the Winnerâ€™s Curse Phenomenon
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ball, Sheryl B. & Bazerman, Max H. & Carroll, John S., 1991. "An evaluation of learning in the bilateral winner's curse," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 1-22, February.
- Smith, Vernon L, 1985. "Experimental Economics: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 264-272, March.
- Schotter, Andrew & Sopher, Barry, 2007.
"Advice and behavior in intergenerational ultimatum games: An experimental approach,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 365-393, February.
- Shotter, A. & Sopher, B., 2001. "Advice and Behavior in Intergenerational Ultimatum Games: An Experimental Approach," Working Papers 01-04, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Reinhard Selten & Klaus Abbink & Ricarda Cox, 2005. "Learning Direction Theory and the Winner’s Curse," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 8(1), pages 5-20, April.
- Grosskopf, Brit & Nagel, Rosemarie, 2008. "The two-person beauty contest," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 93-99, January.
- A. Roth & I. Er’ev, 2010. "Learning in Extensive Form Games: Experimental Data and Simple Dynamic Models in the Intermediate Run," Levine's Working Paper Archive 387, David K. Levine.
- Colin Camerer & Teck-Hua Ho, 1999. "Experience-weighted Attraction Learning in Normal Form Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(4), pages 827-874, July.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1986. "Rational Choice and the Framing of Decisions," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages 251-278, October.
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Georganas, Sotiris & Healy, Paul J. & Weber, Roberto A., 2015. "On the persistence of strategic sophistication," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 159(PA), pages 369-400.
- Eyal Ert & Stephanie Creary & Max H. Bazerman, 2014. "Cynicism in negotiation: When communication increases buyers' skepticism," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 9(3), pages 191-198, May.
- Sivan Frenkel & Yuval Heller & Roee Teper, 2017. "The Endowment Effect as a Blessing," Working Papers 2017-06, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Gary Charness & Dan Levin, 2009.
"The Origin of the Winner's Curse: A Laboratory Study,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 207-236, February.
- Gary Charness & Dan Levin, 2005. "The Origin of the Winner’s Curse: A Laboratory Study," Levine's Bibliography 666156000000000602, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Christina Fang & Sari Carp & Zur Shapira, 2011. "Prior Divergence: Do Researchers and Participants Share the Same Prior Probability Distributions?," Discussion Paper Series dp587, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Ido Erev & Sharon Gilat-Yihyie & Davide Marchiori & Doron Sonsino, 2015. "On loss aversion, level-1 reasoning, and betting," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 44(1), pages 113-133, February.
- David J. Cooper & Matthias Sutter, 2011. "Role selection and team performance," Working Papers 2011-14, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Werner Güth & Kerstin Pull & Manfred Stadler & Alexandra K. Zaby, 2017.
"Blindfolded vs. Informed Ultimatum Bargaining – A Theoretical and Experimental Analysis,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 18(4), pages 444-467, November.
- Güth, Werner & Pull, Kerstin & Stadler, Manfred & Zaby, Alexandra, 2016. "Blindfolded vs. informed ultimatum bargaining: A theoretical and experimental analysis," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 90, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Griffin, Robert, 2013. "Auction designs for allocating wind energy leases on the U.S. outer continentalshelf," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 603-611.
- Roee Teper, 2014. "The Endowment Effect as a Blessing," Working Paper 5862, Department of Economics, University of Pittsburgh.
- Marco Casari & Jingjing Zhang & Christine Jackson, 2016. "Same process, different outcomes: group performance in an acquiring a company experiment," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 19(4), pages 764-791, December.
- Zaby, Alexandra & Güth, Werner & Pull, Kerstin & Stadler, Manfred, 2014.
"Compulsory Disclosure of Private Information - Theoretical and Experimental Results for the Acquiring-a-Company Game,"
Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy
100520, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Werner Güth & Kerstin Pull & Manfred Stadler & Alexandra Zaby, 2014. "Compulsory Disclosure of Private Information Theoretical and Experimental Results for the "Acquiring-a-Company" Game," Jena Economic Research Papers 2014-003, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Güth, Werner & Pull, Kerstin & Stadler, Manfred & Zaby, Alexandra, 2014. "Compulsory disclosure of private information theoretical and experimental results for the "acquiring-a-company" game," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 69, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Ellen Garbarino & Robert Slonim, 2007. "Preferences and decision errors in the winner’s curse," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 241-257, June.
- M. Casari & J. Zhang & C. Jackson, 2011.
"When Do Groups Perform Better than Individuals? A Company Takeover Experiment,"
wp763, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Marco Casari & Jingjing Zhang & Christine Jackson, 2012. "When do groups perform better than individuals? A company takeover experiment," IEW - Working Papers 504, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:249-262 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chlaß, Nadine & Perea, Andrés, 2016. "How do people reason in dynamic games?," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145881, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Nadine Chlaß, 2011. "On Individual Cursedness - How personality shapes individuals' sensitivity to incur a winner's curse -," Jena Economic Research Papers 2011-027, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Frenkel, Sivan & Heller, Yuval & Teper, Roee, 2012. "Endowment as a blessing," MPRA Paper 39430, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 Apr 2012.
- Charness, Gary B & Levin, Dan, 2007. "The Origin of the Winnerâ€™s Curse: A Laboratory Study," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt8g88c6ww, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- repec:eee:jetheo:v:174:y:2018:i:c:p:57-102 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marco Casari & Christine Jackson & Jingjing Zhang, 2009. "Do Groups Fall Prey to the Winner's Curse?," Department of Economics Working Papers 2009-18, McMaster University.
- Casari, Marco & Zhang, Jingjing & Jackson, Christine, 2015. "Same Process, Different Outcomes: Group Performance in an Acquiring a Company Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 9614, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Axel Ockenfels & David Reiley & Abdolkarim Sadrieh, 2006. "Online Auctions," NBER Working Papers 12785, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nadine ChlaÃŸ & Werner GÃ¼th & Christoph Vanberg, 2007. "Social Learning of Efficiency Enhancing Trade With(out) Market Entry Costs - An experimental study," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2006-36, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
More about this item
Keywordswinnerâ€™s curse; asymmetric information; cognitive learning; C78; C91;
- C78 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Bargaining Theory; Matching Theory
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:theord:v:63:y:2007:i:4:p:389-418. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.