Investment in Human Capital during Incarceration and Employment Prospects of Prisoners
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- E. Roy Weintraub & Evelyn L. Forget, 2007. "Introduction," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 39(5), pages 1-6, Supplemen.
- Anh T. Le & Paul W. Miller, 2000. "An Evaluation of Inertia Models of Unemployment," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 33(3), pages 205-220.
- Anh Le & Paul Miller, 2004. "School-leaving Decisions in Australia: A Cohort Analysis," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 39-65.
- Lance Lochner & Enrico Moretti, 2004.
"The Effect of Education on Crime: Evidence from Prison Inmates, Arrests, and Self-Reports,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(1), pages 155-189, March.
- Lance Lochner & Enrico Moretti, 2001. "The Effect of Education on Crime: Evidence from Prison Inmates, Arrests, and Self-Reports," NBER Working Papers 8605, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anh T. Le & Paul W. Miller, 2004. "High School Graduation in Australia: Do Schools Matter?," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 51(2), pages 194-208, May.
- Cho, Rosa & LaLonde, Robert J., 2005.
"The Impact of Incarceration in State Prison on the Employment Prospects of Women,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1792, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rosa Cho & Robert LaLonde, 2005. "The Impact of Incarceration in State Prison on the Employment Prospects of Women," Working Papers 0510, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Harry J. Holzer & Steven Raphael & Michael A. Stoll, 2001. "Will Employers Hire Ex-Offenders? Employer Preferences, Background Checks, and Their Determinants," JCPR Working Papers 238, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
More about this item
Keywordsprisoners; education; training; employment;
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- J01 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics: General
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-12-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-HRM-2009-12-11 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2009-12-11 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp4582. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .