Gender Pay Gap and Quantile Regression in European Families
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Becker, Gary S., 1971. "The Economics of Discrimination," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 2, number 9780226041162, March.
- Blau, Francine D & Kahn, Lawrence M, 1996. "Wage Structure and Gender Earnings Differentials: An International Comparison," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 63(250), pages 29-62, Suppl..
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Angel López-Nicolás & Jaume García & Pedro J. Hernández, 2001.
"How wide is the gap? An investigation of gender wage differences using quantile regression,"
Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 149-167.
- Jaume Garcia & Pedro J. Hernández & Ángel López Nicolás, 1998. "How wide is the gap? An investigation of gender wage differences using quantile regression," Economics Working Papers 287, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Paul W. Miller, 1987. "Gender Differences in Observed and Offered Wages in Canada, 1980," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 20(2), pages 225-244, May.
- Gary Chamberlain, 1980. "Analysis of Covariance with Qualitative Data," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 225-238.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yekaterina Chzhen & Karen Mumford, "undated".
"Gender Gaps Across the Earnings Distribution in Britain: Are Women Bossy Enough?,"
09/27, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Chzhen, Yekaterina & Mumford, Karen A., 2009. "Gender Gaps across the Earnings Distribution in Britain: Are Women Bossy Enough?," IZA Discussion Papers 4331, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cristiano Perugini & Ekaterina Selezneva, 2015.
"Labour market institutions, crisis and gender earnings gap in Eastern Europe,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 23(3), pages 517-564, July.
- Cristiano Perugini & Ekaterina Selezneva, 2013. "Labour Market Institutions, Crisis and Gender Earnings Gap in Eastern Europe," Working Papers 328, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Chzhen, Yekaterina & Mumford, Karen A. & Nicodemo, Catia, 2012. "The Gender Pay Gap in the Australian Private Sector: Is Selection Relevant across the Wage Distribution?," IZA Discussion Papers 6558, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Claudio Quintano & Rosalia Castellano & Antonella Rocca, 2010. "Male-female discrimination: an analysis of gender gap and its determinants," Statistica, Department of Statistics, University of Bologna, vol. 70(2), pages 171-190.
- Christofides, Louis N. & Polycarpou, Alexandros & Vrachimis, Konstantinos, 2013.
"Gender wage gaps, ‘sticky floors’ and ‘glass ceilings’ in Europe,"
Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 86-102.
- Louis N. Christofides & Alexandros Polycarpou & Konstantinos Vrachimis, 2013. "Gender Wage Gaps, ‘Sticky Floors’ and ‘Glass Ceilings’ in Europe," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 02-2013, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Louis N. Christofides & Alexandros Polycarpou & Konstantinos Vrachimis, 2013. "Gender Wage Gaps, 'Sticky Floors' and 'Glass Ceilings' in Europe," Working Papers 1301, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Daniela Piazzalunga & Maria Laura Di Tommaso, 2015.
"The increase of the gender wage gap in Italy during the 2008-2012 economic crisis,"
381, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Piazzalunga, Daniela & Di Tommaso, Maria Laura, 2016. "The Increase of the Gender Wage Gap in Italy during the 2008-2012 Economic Crisis," IZA Discussion Papers 9931, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Daniela Piazzalunga & Maria Laura Di Tommaso, 2015. "The increase of the gender wage gap in Italy during the 2008-2012 economic crisis," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 426, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Yekaterina Chzhen & Karen Mumford & Catia Nicodemo, 2013. "The Gender Pay Gap in the Australian Private Sector: Is Selection Relevant Across the Earnings Distribution?," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 89(286), pages 367-381, September.
- Marco Biagetti & Sergio Scicchitano, 2016. "Are women in supervisory positions more discriminated against? A multinomial approach," Working Papers 2, Department of the Treasury, Ministry of the Economy and of Finance.
- Paul Carrillo & Néstor Gandelman & Virginia Robano, 2014. "Sticky floors and glass ceilings in Latin America," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 12(3), pages 339-361, September.
- Jan Kluge & Michael Weber, 2015. "Decomposing the German East-West wage gap," ifo Working Paper Series 205, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Christofides, Louis N. & Polycarpou, Alexandros & Vrachimis, Konstantinos, 2010. "The Gender Wage Gaps, 'Sticky Floors' and 'Glass Ceilings' of the European Union," IZA Discussion Papers 5044, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Martina Mysíková, 2012. "Gender Wage Gap in the Czech Republic and Central European Countries," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(3), pages 328-346.
- Piazzalunga, Daniela & Di Tommaso, Maria Laura, 2015. "The increase of gender wage gap in Italy during the 2008-2012 economic crisis," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201532, University of Turin.
- Zheng Fang & Chris Sakellariou, 2011. "A Case of Sticky Floors: Gender Wage Differentials in Thailand," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 35-54, March.
- Chzhen, Yekaterina & Mumford, Karen, 2011. "Gender gaps across the earnings distribution for full-time employees in Britain: Allowing for sample selection," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 837-844.
- Perugini, Cristiano & Pompei, Fabrizio, 2016. "Employment protection and wage inequality within education groups in Europe," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 810-836.
More about this item
Keywordsgender pay gap; selection; quantile regression; counterfactual decomposition;
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
- C3 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2009-02-14 (European Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2009-02-14 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2009-02-14 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp3978. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .