Wages and Ageing: Is There Evidence for the "Inverse-U" Profile?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Michał Myck, 2010. "Wages and Ageing: Is There Evidence for the 'Inverse-U' Profile?," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 72(3), pages 282-306, June.
- Michal Myck, 2007. "Wages and Ageing: Is There Evidence for the "Inverse-U Profile"?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 724, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Blundell & Howard Reed & Thomas M. Stoker, 2003. "Interpreting Aggregate Wage Growth: The Role of Labor Market Participation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1114-1131, September.
- Peter Haan & Viktor Steiner, 2008.
"Making Work Pay for the Elderly Unemployed - Evaluating Alternative Policy Reforms for Germany,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 64(3), pages 380-402, September.
- Peter Haan & Viktor Steiner, 2006. "Making Work Pay for the Elderly Unemployed: Evaluating Alternative Policy Reforms for Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 641, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Haan, Peter & Steiner, Viktor, 2006. "Making Work Pay for the Elderly Unemployed: Evaluating Alternative Policy Reforms for Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 2424, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Agar Brugiavini & Tullio Jappelli & Guglielmo Weber, 2002. "The Survey on Health, Aging and Wealth," CSEF Working Papers 86, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Richard Blundell & Alan Duncan, 1998. "Kernel Regression in Empirical Microeconomics," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 33(1), pages 62-87.
- Greene, William H, 1981. "Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error: Comment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 795-798, May.
- Bernhard Boockmann & Viktor Steiner, 2006.
"Cohort effects and the returns to education in West Germany,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(10), pages 1135-1152.
- Boockmann, Bernhard & Steiner, Viktor, 2000. "Cohort effects and the returns to education in West Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 00-05, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- James Banks, 2006. "Economic capabilities, choices and outcomes at older ages," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 27(3), pages 281-311, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schröder, Carsten, 2012. "The sensitivity of distributional measures to the reference period of income," Kiel Working Papers 1777, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Joanna Tyrowicz & Krzysztof Makarski & Marcin Bielecki, 2016. "Reforming retirement age in DB and DC pension systems in an aging OLG economy with heterogenous agents," IZA Journal of Labor Policy, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 5(1), pages 1-36, December.
- Kadija Charni, 2016.
"Is it Better to Work When We Are Older? An Empirical Comparison Between France and Great Britain,"
AMSE Working Papers
1640, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France.
- Kadija Charni, 2016. "Is it Better to Work When We Are Older? An Empirical Comparison Between France and Great Britain," Working Papers halshs-01393268, HAL.
- V. Vandenberghe, 2011.
"Boosting the Employment Rate of Older Men and Women,"
Springer, vol. 159(2), pages 159-191, June.
- Vincent VANDENBERGHE, 2011. "Boosting the employment rate of older men and women," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2011010, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Kadija Charni & Stephen Bazen, 2017. "Do earnings really decline for older workers?," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(1), pages 4-24, April.
- Bertoni, Marco & Brunello, Giorgio & Rocco, Lorenzo, 2015. "Selection and the age – productivity profile. Evidence from chess players," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 45-58.
- Mikk Medijainen, 2010. "Generational Accounting As A Tool To Evaluate The Fiscal Sustainability Of Estonia," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 74, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Christian Dudel, 2009. "The Demographic Dilemma: Fertility, Female Labor Force Participation and Future Growth in Germany 2007-2060," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 158, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Maciej Lis, 2017. "Productivity based selection to retirement: Evidence from EU-SILC," IBS Working Papers 02/2017, Instytut Badan Strukturalnych.
More about this item
Keywordswage dynamics; selection; ageing;
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2007-09-02 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2007-09-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2007-09-02 (Health Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2007-09-02 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp2983. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .