Must Skilled Migration Be a Brain Drain? Evidence from the Indian Software Industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Beine, Michel & Docquier, Frederic & Rapoport, Hillel, 2001.
"Brain drain and economic growth: theory and evidence,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 275-289, February.
- Michel Beine & Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2001. "Brain drain and economic growth: theory and evidence," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10449, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Donald R. Davis & David E. Weinstein, 2002. "Technological Superiority and the Losses from Migration," NBER Working Papers 8971, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish & Hamada, Koichi, 1974. "The brain drain, international integration of markets for professionals and unemployment : A theoretical analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 19-42, April.
- Michel Beine & Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2002. "Brain Drain and LDCs' Growth: Winners and Losers," Working Papers 2002-08, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- William Carrington & Enrica Detragiache, 1998. "How Big is the Brain Drain?," IMF Working Papers 98/102, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:486369 is not listed on IDEAS
- Clemens, Michael A., 2009.
"Skill Flow: A Fundamental Reconsideration of Skilled-Worker Mobility and Development,"
19186, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Clemens, 2009. "Skill Flow: A Fundamental Reconsideration of Skilled-Worker Mobility and Development," Working Papers 180, Center for Global Development.
- Michael A. Clemens, 2009. "Skill Flow: A Fundamental Reconsideration of Skilled-Worker Mobility and Development," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2009-08, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), revised Apr 2009.
- Docquier, Frédéric & Faye, Ousmane & Pestieau, Pierre, 2008.
"Is migration a good substitute for education subsidies?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 263-276, June.
- Docquier, Frederic & Faye, Ousmane & Pestieau, Pierre, 2008. "Is migration a good substitute for education subsidies ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4614, The World Bank.
- DOCQUIER, FrÃ©dÃ©ric & FAYE, Ousmane & PESTIEAU, Pierre, 2009. "Is migration a good substitute for education subsidies?," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2022, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Karin Mayr & Giovanni Peri, 2008. "Return Migration as a Channel of Brain Gain," NBER Working Papers 14039, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Di Maria, Corrado & Lazarova, Emiliya A., 2012.
"Migration, Human Capital Formation, and Growth: An Empirical Investigation,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 938-955.
- Corrado Di Maria & Emiliya Lazarova, 2010. "Migration, Human Capital Formation and Growth: an Empirical Investigation," Economics Working Papers 10-03, Queen's Management School, Queen's University Belfast.
- Seema Sangita, 2013. "The Effect of Diasporic Business Networks on International Trade Flows," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(2), pages 266-280, May.
- Beine, Michel & Docquier, Frédéric & Oden-Defoort, Cecily, 2011.
"A Panel Data Analysis of the Brain Gain,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 523-532, April.
- Michel, BEINE & Cecily, DEFOORT & Frédéric, DOCQUIER, 2007. "A Panel Data Analysis of the Brain Gain," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2007024, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:486992 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael A. Clemens & Lant Pritchett, 2008. "Income per Natural: Measuring Development for People Rather Than Places," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 34(3), pages 395-434.
- Peter Simmons & Yuanyuan Xie, 2013. "Three musketeers: A dynamic model of capital inflow (FDI), the real wage rate and the net migration flow with empirical application," Discussion Papers 13/28, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Tüzin Baycan & Peter Nijkamp, 2012. "The Migration–Development Nexus: New Perspectives and Challenges," Chapters,in: Globalization Trends and Regional Development, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kugler, Maurice & Rapoport, Hillel, 2007. "International labor and capital flows: Complements or substitutes?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 155-162, February.
- Makulec, Agnieszka., 2014. "Philippines' bilateral labour arrangements on health-care professional migration : in search of meaning," ILO Working Papers 994869923402676, International Labour Organization.
- Sonia Plaza, 2013. "Diaspora resources and policies," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Migration, chapter 27, pages 505-529 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
Keywordsskilled migration; brain drain; software;
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp1422. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .