Early Career Research Production in Economics: Does Mentoring Matter?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christian Zimmermann, 2013. "Academic Rankings with RePEc," Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 1(3), pages 1-32, December.
- David N. Laband & Robert D. Tollison, 2000. "Intellectual Collaboration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(3), pages 632-661, June.
- Sharon M. Oster & Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1998. "Aging And Productivity Among Economists," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(1), pages 154-156, February.
- Philip Hans Franses, 2003.
"The diffusion of scientific publications: The case of Econometrica, 1987,"
Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 56(1), pages 29-42, January.
- Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 2002. "On the diffusion of scientific publications; the case of Econometrica 1987," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2002-16, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- repec:eee:respol:v:48:y:2019:i:7:p:1647-1665 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrew J. Oswald, 2007.
"An Examination of the Reliability of Prestigious Scholarly Journals: Evidence and Implications for Decision‐Makers,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 74(293), pages 21-31, February.
- Oswald, Andrew J., 2006. "An Examination of the Reliability of Prestigious Scholarly Journals: Evidence and Implications for Decision-makers," Economic Research Papers 269637, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Oswald, Andrew J., 2006. "An Examination of the Reliability of Prestigious Scholarly Journals: Evidence and Implications for Decision-makers," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 744, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Oswald, Andrew J., 2006. "An Examination of the Reliability of Prestigious Scholarly Journals: Evidence and Implications for Decision-makers," IZA Discussion Papers 2070, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Fok, Dennis & Franses, Philip Hans, 2007. "Modeling the diffusion of scientific publications," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 139(2), pages 376-390, August.
- repec:tpr:restat:v:100:y:2018:i:1:p:45-50 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lorenzo Ductor & Marcel Fafchamps & Sanjeev Goyal & Marco J. van der Leij, 2014. "Social Networks and Research Output," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 96(5), pages 936-948, December.
- Colussi, Tommaso, 2015. "Social Ties in Academia: A Friend is a Treasure," IZA Discussion Papers 9414, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Donna K. Ginther & Shulamit Kahn, 2004. "Women in Economics: Moving Up or Falling Off the Academic Career Ladder?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(3), pages 193-214, Summer.
- repec:aea:aecrev:v:107:y:2017:i:5:p:141-45 is not listed on IDEAS
- Broström, Anders, 2019.
"Academic breeding grounds: Home department conditions and early career performance of academic researchers,"
Elsevier, vol. 48(7), pages 1647-1665.
- Broström, Anders, 2018. "Academic breeding grounds: Home department conditions and early career performance of academic researchers," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 465, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Christiana Hilmer & Michael Hilmer, 2007. "Women Helping Women, Men Helping Women? Same-Gender Mentoring, Initial Job Placements, and Early Career Publishing Success for Economics PhDs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(2), pages 422-426, May.
- Lorenzo Ductor, 2015. "Does Co-authorship Lead to Higher Academic Productivity?," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 77(3), pages 385-407, June.
- Dan Johnson, 1997. "Getting Noticed in Economics: The Determinants of Academic Citations," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 41(1), pages 43-52, March.
- William J. Baumol, 1997. "On the Pleasures and Gains of Collaboration," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 41(1), pages 15-21, March.
More about this item
Keywordsacademic career; research performance; RePEC; economic research;
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-SOG-2019-01-21 (Sociology of Economics)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp11976. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Holger Hinte). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.