Forced off Farm? Labor Allocation Response to Land Requisition in Rural China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Joseph G. Altonji & Todd E. Elder & Christopher R. Taber, 2005.
"Selection on Observed and Unobserved Variables: Assessing the Effectiveness of Catholic Schools,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(1), pages 151-184, February.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Todd E. Elder & Christopher R. Taber, 2000. "Selection on Observed and Unobserved Variables: Assessing the Effectiveness of Catholic Schools," NBER Working Papers 7831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giles, John T. & Mu, Ren, 2014.
"Village Political Economy, Land Tenure Insecurity, and the Rural to Urban Migration Decision: Evidence from China,"
IZA Discussion Papers
8630, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Giles,John T. & Mu,Ren, 2014. "Village political economy, land tenure insecurity, and the rural to urban migration decision : evidence from China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7080, The World Bank.
- Rose, Elaina, 2001. "Ex ante and ex post labor supply response to risk in a low-income area," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 371-388, April.
- Alan de Brauw & Valerie Mueller, 2012.
"Do Limitations in Land Rights Transferability Influence Mobility Rates in Ethiopia?,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 21(4), pages 548-579, August.
- de Brauw, Alan & Mueller, Valerie, 2011. "Do limitations in land rights transferability influence mobility rates in Ethiopia?:," ESSP working papers 18, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- World Bank, 2007. "China : Public Services for Building the New Socialist Countryside," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7665, The World Bank.
- Khantachavana, Sivalai V. & Turvey, Calum G. & Kong, Rong & Xia, Xianli, 2013. "On the transaction values of land use rights in rural China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 863-878.
- Mullan, Katrina & Grosjean, Pauline & Kontoleon, Andreas, 2011.
"Land Tenure Arrangements and Rural-Urban Migration in China,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 123-133, January.
- Katrina Mullan & Pauline Grosjean & Andreas Kontoleon, 2008. "Land Tenure Arrangements and Rural-Urban Migration in China," Environmental Economy and Policy Research Working Papers 37.2008, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economics, revised 2008.
- Anjini Kochar, 1999. "Smoothing Consumption by Smoothing Income: Hours-of-Work Responses to Idiosyncratic Agricultural Shocks in Rural India," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(1), pages 50-61, February.
- Sánchez, Fabio & López-Uribe, María del Pilar & Fazio, Antonella, 2010.
"Land Conflicts, Property Rights, and the Rise of the Export Economy in Colombia, 1850–1925,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 70(02), pages 378-399, June.
- Fabio Sánchez Torres & Antonella Fazio Vargas & María del Pilar López-Uribe, 2006. "Land Conflict, Property Rights, and the Rise of the Export Economy in Colombia, 1850-1925," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 005103, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Barbara G. Katz & Joel Owen, 2009. "Are property rights enough?," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 17(1), pages 75-96, January.
- Rozelle Scott & Boisvert Richard N., 1994. "Quantifying Chinese Village Leaders' Multiple Objectives," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 25-45, February.
- Markus Goldstein & Christopher Udry, 2008.
"The Profits of Power: Land Rights and Agricultural Investment in Ghana,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 116(6), pages 981-1022, December.
- Markus Goldstein & Christopher Udry, 2005. "The Profits of Power: Land Rights and Agricultural Investment in Ghana," Working Papers 929, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Maëlys De La Rupelle & Deng Quheng & Li Shi & Thomas Vendryes, 2009.
"Land rights insecurity and temporary migration in rural China,"
PSE Working Papers
- de la Rupelle, Maëlys & Quheng, Deng & Li, Shi & Vendryes, Thomas, 2009. "Land Rights Insecurity and Temporary Migration in Rural China," IZA Discussion Papers 4668, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fang Cai & John Giles & Philip O'Keefe & Dewen Wang, 2012. "The Elderly and Old Age Support in Rural China : Challenges and Prospects," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2249, April.
- Besley, Timothy, 1995. "Property Rights and Investment Incentives: Theory and Evidence from Ghana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 903-937, October.
- Oriana Bandiera, 2007. "Land Tenure, Investment Incentives, and the Choice of Techniques: Evidence from Nicaragua," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 21(3), pages 487-508, May.
More about this item
Keywordsland institution; land requisition; migration; urbanization; farmers; China;
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- R28 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2017-04-16 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2017-04-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2017-04-16 (China)
- NEP-DEV-2017-04-16 (Development)
- NEP-LAB-2017-04-16 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2017-04-16 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp10640. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .