Report NEP-DEV-2017-04-16This is the archive for NEP-DEV, a report on new working papers in the area of Development. Jacob A. Jordaan issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Nolan, Laura B. & Bloom, David E. & Subbaraman, Ramnath, 2017. "Legal Status and Deprivation in India's Urban Slums: An Analysis of Two Decades of National Sample Survey Data," IZA Discussion Papers 10639, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Kazuya Masuda & Chikako Yamauchi, 2017. "The Effects of Female Education on Adolescent Pregnancy and Child Health: Evidence from Uganda fs Universal Primary Education for Fully Treated Cohorts," GRIPS Discussion Papers 17-01, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Justine Burns & Brendan Maughan-Brown & Âurea Mouzinho, 2017. "Washing with Hope: Evidence from a hand-washing pilot study among children in South Africa," SALDRU Working Papers 199, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Ma, Shuang & Mu, Ren, 2017. "Forced off Farm? Labor Allocation Response to Land Requisition in Rural China," IZA Discussion Papers 10640, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Barham, Tania & Macours, Karen & Maluccio, John, 2017. "Are Conditional Cash Transfers Fulfilling Their Promise? Schooling, Learning, and Earnings After 10 Years," CEPR Discussion Papers 11937, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kumar, Anjani & Mishra, Ashok K. & Saroj, Sunil & Joshi, Pramod Kumar, 2017. "Institutional versus noninstitutional credit to agricultural households in India: Evidence on impact from a national farmersâ€™ survey," IFPRI discussion papers 1614, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Fishman, Ram & Smith, Stephen C. & Bobic, Vida & Sulaiman, Munshi, 2017. "How Sustainable Are Benefits from Extension for Smallholder Farmers? Evidence from a Randomized Phase-Out of the BRAC Program in Uganda," IZA Discussion Papers 10641, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Alberto Alesina & Caterina Gennaioli & Stefania Lovo, 2016. "Public Goods and Ethnic Diversity: Evidence from Deforestation in Indonesia," Working Papers 80, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Katherine Eyal & Justine Burns, 2017. "The Intergenerational Transmission of Depression in South African Adolescents," SALDRU Working Papers 200, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Jean-Louis Combes & Tidiane Kinda & Rasmané Ouedraogo & Patrick Plane, 2017. "Does It Pour When it Rains? Capital Flows and Economic Growth in Developing Countries," Working Papers halshs-01454804, HAL.
- Wouterse, Fleur Stephanie, 2017. "The returns to empowerment in diversified rural household: Evidence from Niger," IFPRI discussion papers 1611, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kyle, Jordan, 2017. "Local corruption and support for fuel subsidy reform: Evidence from Indonesia," IFPRI discussion papers 1620, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Cervellati, Matteo & Esposito, Elena & Sunde, Uwe & Valmori, Simona, 2017. "Malaria Risk and Civil Violence," Discussion Papers in Economics 36389, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Nazziwa-Nviiri, Lydia & Van Campenhout, Bjorn & Amwonya, David, 2017. "Stimulating agricultural technology adoption: Lessons from fertilizer use among Ugandan potato farmers," IFPRI discussion papers 1608, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Gaentzsch, Anja, 2017. "Do conditional cash transfers (CCT) raise educational attainment? A case study of Juntos in Peru," Discussion Papers 2017/9, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Mogues, Tewodaj & Mueller, Valerie & Kondylis, Florence, 2017. "Cost-effectiveness of community-based gendered advisory services to farmers: Analysis in Mozambique and Tanzania," IFPRI discussion papers 1613, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Carine Meyimdjui, 2017. "Food Price Shocks and Government Expenditure Composition: Evidence from African Countries," Working Papers halshs-01457366, HAL.