The Elderly and Old Age Support in Rural China : Challenges and Prospects
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kakwani, Nanak & Subbarao, Kalanidhi, 2005. "Aging and poverty in Africa and the role of social pensions," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 32752, The World Bank.
- Robert Holzmann & David A. Robalino & Noriyuki Takayama, 2009. "Closing the Coverage Gap : The Role of Social Pensions and Other Retirement Income Transfers," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2651, July.
- Robert Holzmann & Edward Palmer, 2006. "Pension Reform : Issues and Prospects for Non-Financial Defined Contribution (NDC) Schemes," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6983, July.
- Sudhir Rajkumar & Mark C. Dorfman, 2011. "Governance and Investment of Public Pension Assets : Practitioners' Perspectives," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2553, July.
- Kalanidhi Subbarao, 2005. "Aging and Poverty in Africa and the Role of Social Pensions," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11785, The World Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua, 2007. "China's (uneven) progress against poverty," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 1-42, January.
- Kwang-Yeol Yoo & Alain de Serres, 2004. "Tax Treatment of Private Pension Savings in OECD Countries and the Net Tax Cost Per Unit of Contribution to Tax-Favoured Schemes," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 406, OECD Publishing.
- Eric M. Engen & William G. Gale, 2000. "The Effects of 401(k) Plans on Household Wealth: Differences Across Earnings Groups," NBER Working Papers 8032, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Palacios, Robert & Sluchynsky, Oleksiy, 2006. "Social pensions Part I : their role in the overall pension system," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 36237, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter McDonald, 2016. "Demographic Change in the Asian Century: Implications for Australia and the Region," Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 155-172, May.
- Cheng, Lingguo & Liu, Hong & Zhang, Ye & Zhao, Zhong, 2018.
"The health implications of social pensions: Evidence from China's new rural pension scheme,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 53-77.
- Cheng, Lingguo & Liu, Hong & Zhang, Ye & Zhao, Zhong, 2016. "The Health Implications of Social Pensions: Evidence from China's New Rural Pension Scheme," IZA Discussion Papers 9621, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- World Bank, 2014. "Fostering a Digitally Inclusive Aging Society in China : The Potential of Public Libraries," World Bank Other Operational Studies 19979, The World Bank.
- Niu, Chiyu & Arends-Kuenning, Mary, 2016. "No Country for Old Men: An Investment Motive for Downward Inter-generational Transfers in Rural China," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 236033, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- AO, Xiang & JIANG, Dawei & ZHAO, Zhong, 2016.
"The impact of rural–urban migration on the health of the left-behind parents,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 126-139.
- Ao, Xiang & Jiang, Dawei & Zhao, Zhong, 2015. "The Impact of Rural-Urban Migration on the Health of the Left-behind Parents," IZA Discussion Papers 9350, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Coeurdacier, Nicolas & Guibaud, Stéphane & Jin, Keyu, 2014. "Fertility policies and social security reforms in China," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 66107, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Xi Chen & Lipeng Hu & Jody L. Sindelar, 2017. "Leaving Money on the Table? Suboptimal Enrollment in the New Social Pension Program in China," NBER Working Papers 24065, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:spr:jopoec:v:31:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s00148-017-0655-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Ji, Yueqing & Hu, Xuezhi & Zhu, Jing & Zhong, Funing, 2017. "Demographic change and its impact on farmers' field production decisions," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 64-71.
- Lingguo Cheng & Hong Liu & Ye Zhang & Zhong Zhao, 2018.
"The heterogeneous impact of pension income on elderly living arrangements: evidence from China’s new rural pension scheme,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 31(1), pages 155-192, January.
- Cheng, Lingguo & Liu, Hong & Zhang, Ye & Zhao, Zhong, 2015. "The Heterogeneous Impact of Pension Income on Elderly Living Arrangements: Evidence from China's New Rural Pension Scheme," IZA Discussion Papers 9116, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cheng, Lingguo & Liu, Hong & Zhang, Ye & Zhao, Zhong, 2017. "The Heterogeneous Impact of Pension Income on Elderly Living Arrangements: Evidence from China’s New Rural Pension Scheme," GLO Discussion Paper Series 80, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Chen, Xi & Wang, Tianyu & Busch, Susan, 2016. "Does Money Relieve Depression? Evidence from Social Pension Expansions in China," IZA Discussion Papers 10037, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ma, Shuang & Mu, Ren, 2017. "Forced off Farm? Labor Allocation Response to Land Requisition in Rural China," IZA Discussion Papers 10640, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Feng, Zhixin & Jones, Kelvyn & Wang, Wenfei Winnie, 2015. "An exploratory discrete-time multilevel analysis of the effect of social support on the survival of elderly people in China," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 181-189.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial Protections and Labor - Pensions & Retirement Systems Health; Nutrition and Population - Population Policies Poverty Reduction - Rural Poverty Reduction Macroeconomics and Economic Growth - Regional Economic Development Health; Nutrition and Population;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:2249. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.