‘Affordability’ and the political economy of social protection in contemporary Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kakwani, Nanak & Subbarao, Kalanidhi, 2005. "Aging and poverty in Africa and the role of social pensions," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 32752, The World Bank.
- Dennis Kaputo Chiwele, 2010. "Assessing Administrative Capacity and Costs of Cash Transfer Schemes in Zambia ? Implications for Rollout," Country Study 20, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Stevens, Christopher, 1978. "Food aid and nutrition : The case of Botswana," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 18-28, February.
- Reza Siregar & Lim, C.S. Vincent, 2011.
"Living with Macro-financial Linkages: Policy Perspectives and Challenges for SEACEN Countries,"
South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre, number sp79.
- Hagen-Zanker, Jessica & McCord, Anna, 2010. "Financing Social Protection in the Light of International Spending Targets: A Public Sector Spending Review," MPRA Paper 28418, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kalanidhi Subbarao, 2005. "Aging and Poverty in Africa and the Role of Social Pensions," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11785, The World Bank.
- Marito Garcia & Charity M. T. Moore, 2012. "The Cash Dividend : The Rise of Cash Transfer Programs in Sub-Saharan Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2246.
- World Bank, 2015. "The State of Social Safety Nets 2015," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 22101.
- Nanak Kakwani & Kalanidhi Subbarao, 2007. "Poverty among the elderly in Sub-Saharan Africa and the role of social pensions," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(6), pages 987-1008.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2017-43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .