Workplaces, Low Pay and the Gender Earnings Gap in Britain
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yekaterina Chzhen & Karen Mumford, "undated".
"Gender Gaps Across the Earnings Distribution in Britain: Are Women Bossy Enough?,"
09/27, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Chzhen, Yekaterina & Mumford, Karen A., 2009. "Gender Gaps across the Earnings Distribution in Britain: Are Women Bossy Enough?," IZA Discussion Papers 4331, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mark B. Stewart, 1983.
"On Least Squares Estimation when the Dependent Variable is Grouped,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 50(4), pages 737-753.
- Mark B. Stewart, 1982. "On Least Squares Estimation When the Dependent Variable is Grouped," Working Papers 539, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Stewart, Mark B, 1982. "On Least Squares Estimation when the Dependent Variable is Grouped," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 207, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Ben Jann, 2008. "The Blinder–Oaxaca decomposition for linear regression models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 8(4), pages 453-479, December.
- Karen Mumford & Peter N. Smith, 2007. "The Gender Earnings Gap In Britain: Including The Workplace," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 75(6), pages 653-672, December.
- Claudia Goldin, 2014. "A Grand Gender Convergence: Its Last Chapter," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(4), pages 1091-1119, April.
- Karen Mumford & Peter N. Smith, 2009. "What determines the part-time and gender earnings gaps in Britain: evidence from the workplace," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(suppl_1), pages 56-75, April.
- Oaxaca, Ronald L. & Ransom, Michael R., 1994. "On discrimination and the decomposition of wage differentials," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 5-21, March.
More about this item
Keywordsgender pay gap; low pay;
- J01 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics: General
- J70 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - General
- J78 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Public Policy (including comparable worth)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-02-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEN-2017-02-26 (Gender)
- NEP-HRM-2017-02-26 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp10453. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .