Age at Immigration Matters for Labor Market Integration: The Swedish Example
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Riach, Peter A. & Rich, Judy, 2006. "An Experimental Investigation of Age Discrimination in the French Labour Market," IZA Discussion Papers 2522, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Peter A. Riach & Judith Rich, 2010.
"An Experimental Investigation of Age Discrimination in the English Labor Market,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics,
GENES, issue 99-100, pages 169-185.
- Riach, Peter A. & Rich, Judy, 2007. "An Experimental Investigation of Age Discrimination in the English Labor Market," IZA Discussion Papers 3029, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alpaslan Akay, 2016. "Dynamics of employment assimilation," IZA Journal of Migration and Development, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 5(1), pages 1-22, December.
- Charlotta Hedberg & Tiit Tammaru, 2013. "â€˜Neighbourhood Effectsâ€™ and â€˜City Effectsâ€™: The Entry of Newly Arrived Immigrants into the Labour Market," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 50(6), pages 1165-1182, May.
- Roger Wilkins, 2003. "Immigrant Earnings Adjustment: The Impact of Age at Migration," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 292-315, September.
- Mats Hammarstedt & Ghazi Shukur, 2007. "Immigrants' relative earnings in Sweden – a quantile regression approach," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 28(1), pages 456 - 473, August.
- Mahmood Arai & Peter Skogman Thoursie, 2009. "Renouncing Personal Names: An Empirical Examination of Surname Change and Earnings," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(1), pages 127-147, January.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2010:i:99-100 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ali M. Ahmed & Lina Andersson & Mats Hammarstedt, 2012. "Does age matter for employability? A field experiment on ageism in the Swedish labour market," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 403-406, March.
- Joseph Schaafsma & Arthur Sweetman, 2001. "Immigrant earnings: age at immigration matters," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(4), pages 1066-1099, November.
- Björn Anders Gustafsson, 2013. "Social assistance among immigrants and natives in Sweden," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 34(2), pages 126-141, May.
More about this item
Keywordsimmigrants; Sweden; age; labor market;
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-01-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2017-01-08 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-LAB-2017-01-08 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2017-01-08 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-URE-2017-01-08 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp10423. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.