Numerical Representation Of Acyclic Preferences
In this paper, it is shown that, under certain conditions on a preference relation defined on a set X, there exists a numerical representation by means of set-valued real functions. This kind of representation extends the usual utility function as well as the representation by means of two real functions. The continuity of this representation is also discussed.
|Date of creation:||Jan 1993|
|Publication status:||Published by Ivie|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: C/ Guardia Civil, 22, Esc 2a, 1o, E-46020 VALENCIA|
Phone: +34 96 319 00 50
Fax: +34 96 319 00 55
Web page: http://www.ivie.es/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Begoña Subiza Martínez & Carmen Herrero Blanco, 1991. "A characterization of acyclic preferences on countable sets," Working Papers. Serie AD 1991-01, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Bridges, Douglas S., 1983. "Numerical representation of intransitive preferences on a countable set," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 213-217, June.
- Bridges, Douglas S., 1983. "A numerical representation of preferences with intransitive indifference," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 25-42, January.
- Carmen Herrero Blanco & José Manuel Gutiérrez Díez, 1990. "Lagrangean conditions for general optimization problems with applications to consumer theory," Working Papers. Serie AD 1990-02, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Marhuenda, F, 1995. "Distribution of Income and Aggregation of Demand," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(3), pages 647-666, May.
- Mirman, L.J. & Samuelson, L. & Urbano, A., 1989.
8-89-7, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Begoña Subiza Martínez & Carmen Herrero Blanco, 1992. "Numerical representation of partial orderings," Working Papers. Serie AD 1992-03, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Peleg, Bezalel, 1970. "Utility Functions for Partially Ordered Topological Spaces," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 38(1), pages 93-96, January.
- Antonio Villar Notario & Carmen Herrero Blanco, 1990.
"Vector mappings with diagonal images,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
1990-01, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Luis Corchón, 1991.
"Oligopolistic Competition Among Groups,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
1991-05, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Fishburn, P. C., 1983. "Utility functions on ordered convex sets," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 221-232, December.
- Chateauneuf, Alain, 1987. "Continuous representation of a preference relation on a connected topological space," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 139-146, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ivi:wpasad:1993-09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Departamento de Edición)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.