On the Generic Impossibility of Truthful Behavior: A Simple Approach
We provide an elementary proof showing how in economics with an arbitrary number of agents an arbitrary number of public goods and utility functions quasi-linear in money, any efficient and individually rational mechanism is not strategy-proof for any economy satisfying a mild regularity requirement.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 6 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/economic+theory/journal/199/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Antonio Villar Notario & Carmen Herrero Blanco, 1990.
"Vector mappings with diagonal images,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
1990-01, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Hideki Mizukami & Tatsuyoshi Saijo & Takuma Wakayama, 2003.
03017, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Mizukami, Hideki & Saijo, Tatsuyoshi & Wakayama, Takuma, 2003. "Strategy-Proof Sharing," Working Papers 1170, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Hideki Mizukami & Tatsuyoshi Saijo & Takuma Wakayama, 2005. "Strategy-proof Sharing," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 05-05, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Lin Zhou, 1990. "Inefficiency of Strategy-Proof Allocation Mechanisms in Pure Exchange Economies," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 954, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Mirman, L.J. & Samuelson, L. & Urbano, A., 1989.
8-89-7, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Begoña Subiza Martínez & Carmen Herrero Blanco, 1991. "A characterization of acyclic preferences on countable sets," Working Papers. Serie AD 1991-01, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Marhuenda, F, 1995. "Distribution of Income and Aggregation of Demand," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(3), pages 647-666, May.
- Gibbard, Allan, 1973. "Manipulation of Voting Schemes: A General Result," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 587-601, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:6:y:1995:i:2:p:365-71. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.