Endogenous reference points and the adjusted proportional solution for bargaining problems with claims
A modification of the proportional solution for bargaining problems with claims is proposed. This solution is constructed by considering an endogenous reference point. Characterization results of the aforementioned solution are provided.
Volume (Year): 15 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Note:||Received: 22 December 1993/Accepted: 12 August 1996|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/economic+theory/journal/355|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chakravorty, Bhaskar & Corchon, Luis C. & Wilkie, Simon, 2006.
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 18-36, October.
- Chakravorti, B. & Corchon, L.C., 1992. "Credible Implementation," Papers 76, Bell Communications - Economic Research Group.
- Luis Corchón & Bhaskar Chakravorti & Simon Wilkie, 1993. "Credible Implementation," Working Papers. Serie AD 1993-02, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Dagan, Nir & Volij, Oscar, 1993.
"The bankruptcy problem: a cooperative bargaining approach,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 287-297, November.
- Nir Dagan & Oscar Volij, 1993. "The Bankruptcy Problem: a Cooperative Bargaining Approach," Economic theory and game theory 001, Nir Dagan.
- Volij, Oscar & Dagan, Nir, 1993. "The Bankruptcy Problem: A Cooperative Bargaining Approach," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10571, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Chun, Youngsub & Thomson, William, 1992. "Bargaining problems with claims," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 19-33, August.
- Chun, Y. & Thomson, W., 1989. "Bargaining Problems With Claims," RCER Working Papers 189, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Roth, Alvin E., 1977. "Independence of irrelevant alternatives, and solutions to Nash's bargaining problem," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 247-251, December.
- Robert W. Rosenthal, 1976. "An Arbitration Model for Normal-Form Games," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 1(1), pages 82-88, February.
- Thomson, William, 1981. "A class of solutions to bargaining problems," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 431-441, December.
- Herrero, Carmen & Villar, Antonio, 1991. "Vector mappings with diagonal images," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 57-67, August.
- Luis Corchón & Simon Wilkie, 1990. "Doubly implementing the ratio correspondence with a "natural" mechanism," Working Papers. Serie AD 1990-03, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Bossert, Walter, 1993. "An alternative solution to bargaining problems with claims," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 205-220, May.
- Rubinstein, Ariel & Safra, Zvi & Thomson, William, 1992. "On the Interpretation of the Nash Bargaining Solution and Its Extension to Non-expected Utility Preferences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(5), pages 1171-1186, September.
- Marco Gil, Maria del Carmen, 1994. "An alternative characterization of the extended claim-egalitarian solution," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 41-46, May.
- Bossert, Walter, 1992. "Monotonic solutions for bargaining problems with claims," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 395-399, August.
- Marhuenda, F, 1995. "Distribution of Income and Aggregation of Demand," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(3), pages 647-666, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:sochwe:v:15:y:1997:i:1:p:113-119. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.