Endogenous reference points and the adjusted proportional solution for bargaining problems with claims
A modification of the proportional solution for bargaining problems with claims is proposed. This solution is constructed by considering an endogenous reference point. Characterization results of the aforementioned solution are provided.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 15 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Note:||Received: 22 December 1993/Accepted: 12 August 1996|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/economic+theory/journal/355|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomson, William, 1981. "A class of solutions to bargaining problems," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 431-441, December.
- Marhuenda, F, 1995. "Distribution of Income and Aggregation of Demand," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(3), pages 647-66, May.
- Marco Gil, Maria del Carmen, 1994. "An alternative characterization of the extended claim-egalitarian solution," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 41-46, May.
- Chun, Y. & Thomson, W., 1989.
"Bargaining Problems With Claims,"
RCER Working Papers
189, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Nir Dagan & Oscar Volij, 1993.
"The Bankruptcy Problem: a Cooperative Bargaining Approach,"
Economic theory and game theory
001, Nir Dagan.
- Dagan, Nir & Volij, Oscar, 1993. "The bankruptcy problem: a cooperative bargaining approach," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 287-297, November.
- Volij, Oscar & Dagan, Nir, 1993. "The Bankruptcy Problem: A Cooperative Bargaining Approach," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10571, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Roth, Alvin E., 1977. "Independence of irrelevant alternatives, and solutions to Nash's bargaining problem," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 247-251, December.
- Robert W. Rosenthal, 1975. "An Arbitration Model for Normal-Form Games," Discussion Papers 121, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Bossert, Walter, 1993. "An alternative solution to bargaining problems with claims," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 205-220, May.
- Antonio Villar Notario & Carmen Herrero Blanco, 1990.
"Vector mappings with diagonal images,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
1990-01, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Rubinstein, Ariel & Safra, Zvi & Thomson, William, 1992. "On the Interpretation of the Nash Bargaining Solution and Its Extension to Non-expected Utility Preferences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(5), pages 1171-86, September.
- Bossert, Walter, 1992. "Monotonic solutions for bargaining problems with claims," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 395-399, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:sochwe:v:15:y:1997:i:1:p:113-119. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.