Endogenous reference points and the adjusted proportional solution for bargaining problems with claims
A modification of the proportional solution for bargaining problems with claims is proposed. This solution is constructed by considering an endogenous reference point. Characterization results of the aforementioned solution are provided.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 15 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Note:||Received: 22 December 1993/Accepted: 12 August 1996|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/economic+theory/journal/355|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dagan, Nir & Volij, Oscar, 1993.
"The bankruptcy problem: a cooperative bargaining approach,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 287-297, November.
- Nir Dagan & Oscar Volij, 1993. "The Bankruptcy Problem: a Cooperative Bargaining Approach," Economic theory and game theory 001, Nir Dagan.
- Volij, Oscar & Dagan, Nir, 1993. "The Bankruptcy Problem: A Cooperative Bargaining Approach," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10571, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Chun, Youngsub & Thomson, William, 1992. "Bargaining problems with claims," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 19-33, August.
- Chun, Y. & Thomson, W., 1989. "Bargaining Problems With Claims," RCER Working Papers 189, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Roth, Alvin E., 1977. "Independence of irrelevant alternatives, and solutions to Nash's bargaining problem," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 247-251, December.
- Thomson, William, 1981. "A class of solutions to bargaining problems," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 431-441, December.
- Herrero, Carmen & Villar, Antonio, 1991. "Vector mappings with diagonal images," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 57-67, August.
- Antonio Villar Notario & Carmen Herrero Blanco, 1990. "Vector mappings with diagonal images," Working Papers. Serie AD 1990-01, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Robert W. Rosenthal, 1975. "An Arbitration Model for Normal-Form Games," Discussion Papers 121, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Bossert, Walter, 1993. "An alternative solution to bargaining problems with claims," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 205-220, May.
- Rubinstein, Ariel & Safra, Zvi & Thomson, William, 1992. "On the Interpretation of the Nash Bargaining Solution and Its Extension to Non-expected Utility Preferences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(5), pages 1171-1186, September.
- Marco Gil, Maria del Carmen, 1994. "An alternative characterization of the extended claim-egalitarian solution," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 41-46, May.
- Bossert, Walter, 1992. "Monotonic solutions for bargaining problems with claims," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 395-399, August.
- Marhuenda, F, 1995. "Distribution of Income and Aggregation of Demand," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(3), pages 647-666, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)