On The Evolution Of Cooperation In General Games Of Common Interest
This paper investigates an evolutionary model of equilibrium selection in which agents are randomly paired every period to play some general symrnetric game of common interest (i.e., a game where some strategy profile Pareto- dominates al1 other configurations). Along the process, players tend to imitate the strategy (or strategies) which currently yield the highest average payoff. Occasionally, they also experiment with arbitrarily chosen strategies. In the long run, if the rate of experimentation is small, the population ends up playing the uniquely efficient strategy profile "most of the time". Moreover, the convergence to such state of affairs is relatively fast, independently of population size.
|Date of creation:||Dec 1993|
|Publication status:||Published by Ivie|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: C/ Guardia Civil, 22, Esc 2a, 1o, E-46020 VALENCIA|
Phone: +34 96 319 00 50
Fax: +34 96 319 00 55
Web page: http://www.ivie.es/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Antonio Villar Notario & Carmen Herrero Blanco, 1990.
"Vector mappings with diagonal images,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
1990-01, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- M. Kandori & G. Mailath & R. Rob, 1999.
"Learning, Mutation and Long Run Equilibria in Games,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
500, David K. Levine.
- Kandori, Michihiro & Mailath, George J & Rob, Rafael, 1993. "Learning, Mutation, and Long Run Equilibria in Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 29-56, January.
- Kandori, M. & Mailath, G.J., 1991. "Learning, Mutation, And Long Run Equilibria In Games," Papers 71, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - John M. Olin Program.
- Ellison, Glenn, 1993.
"Learning, Local Interaction, and Coordination,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(5), pages 1047-1071, September.
- Aumann, Robert J. & Sorin, Sylvain, 1989. "Cooperation and bounded recall," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 5-39, March.
- Young, H Peyton, 1993. "The Evolution of Conventions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 57-84, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ivi:wpasad:1993-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Departamento de Edición)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.