Assessment of efficiency in basic and secondary education in Tunisia, a regional analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ramzi, Sourour & Afonso, António & Ayadi, Mohamed, 2016. "Assessment of efficiency in basic and secondary education in Tunisia: A regional analysis," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 62-76.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hédi Essid & Pierre Ouellette & Stéphane Vigeant, 2013.
"Small is not that beautiful after all: measuring the scale efficiency of Tunisian high schools using a DEA-bootstrap method,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(9), pages 1109-1120, March.
- Hédi Essid & Pierre Ouellette & Stephane Vigeant, 2011. "Small is not that beautiful after all: Measuring the scale efficiency of Tunisian High Schools using a DEA-bootstrap method," Post-Print hal-00762811, HAL.
- Lee, Jong-Wha & Barro, Robert J, 2001.
"Schooling Quality in a Cross-Section of Countries,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 68(272), pages 465-488, November.
- Jong-Wha Lee & Robert J. Barro, 1997. "Schooling Quality in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 6198, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, J.-W. & Barro, R.J., 1998. "Schooling Quality in a Cross Section of Countries," Papers 659, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Kirjavainen, Tanja & Loikkanent, Heikki A., 1998.
"Efficiency differences of finnish senior secondary schools: An application of DEA and Tobit analysis,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 377-394, October.
- Kirjavainen, Tanja & Loikkanen, Heikki, 1996. "Efficiency Differences of Finnish Senior Secondary Schools: An Application of DEA and Tobit-Analysis," Discussion Papers 570, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- António Afonso & Miguel St. Aubyn, 2005. "Non-parametric approaches to education and health efficiency in OECD countries," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 8, pages 227-246, November.
- António Afonso & Mariana Santos, 2008. "A Dea Approach To The Relative Efficiency Of Portuguese Public Universities," Portuguese Journal of Management Studies, ISEG, Universidade de Lisboa, vol. 0(1), pages 67-88.
- Subhash C. Ray, 1991. "Resource-Use Efficiency in Public Schools: A Study of Connecticut Data," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(12), pages 1620-1628, December.
- Afonso, Antonio & St. Aubyn, Miguel, 2006.
"Cross-country efficiency of secondary education provision: A semi-parametric analysis with non-discretionary inputs,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 476-491, May.
- Afonso, António & St. Aubyn, Miguel, 2005. "Cross-country efficiency of secondary education provision: a semi-parametric analysis with non-discretionary inputs," Working Paper Series 494, European Central Bank.
- António Afonso & Miguel St. Aubyn, 2005. "Cross-country Efficiency of Secondary Education Provision: a Semi-parametric Analysis with Nondiscretionary Inputs," Working Papers Department of Economics 2005/05, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Kuziemko, Ilyana, 2006. "Using shocks to school enrollment to estimate the effect of school size on student achievement," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 63-75, February.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Eric A. Hanushek, 1996. "Measuring Investment in Education," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(4), pages 9-30, Fall.
- Hanushek, Eric A, 1986. "The Economics of Schooling: Production and Efficiency in Public Schools," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(3), pages 1141-1177, September.
- Melville L. McMillan & Debasish Datta, 1998. "The Relative Efficiencies of Canadian Universities: A DEA Perspective," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 24(4), pages 485-511, December.
- John Ruggiero & Donald F. Vitaliano, 1999. "Assessing The Efficiency Of Public Schools Using Data Envelopment Analysis And Frontier Regression," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 17(3), pages 321-331, July.
More about this item
Keywordsbasic and secondary education; efficiency; DEA; Tunisia;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2013-03-23 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-EDU-2013-03-23 (Education)
- NEP-EFF-2013-03-23 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-URE-2013-03-23 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ise:isegwp:wp062013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vitor Escaria). General contact details of provider: https://aquila1.iseg.ulisboa.pt/aquila/departamentos/EC .