Efficiency comparison for directly managed public hospitals for different geographical area in Italy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Roberto Cellini & Giacomo Pignataro & Ilde Rizzo, 2000.
"Competition and Efficiency in Health Care: An Analysis of the Italian Case,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 7(4), pages 503-519, August.
- R. Cellini & G. Pignataro & I. Rizzo, 1999. "Competition and Efficiency in health care: an analysis of the Italian case," Working Papers 354, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Aletras, Vassilios & Kontodimopoulos, Nick & Zagouldoudis, Athanasios & Niakas, Dimitris, 2007. "The short-term effect on technical and scale efficiency of establishing regional health systems and general management in Greek NHS hospitals," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 83(2-3), pages 236-245, October.
- Bruce Hollingsworth, 2008. "The measurement of efficiency and productivity of health care delivery," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(10), pages 1107-1128.
- Berta, Paolo & Callea, Giuditta & Martini, Gianmaria & Vittadini, Giorgio, 2010.
"The effects of upcoding, cream skimming and readmissions on the Italian hospitals efficiency: A population-based investigation,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 812-821, July.
- Berta, P & Callea, G & Martini, G & Vittadini, G, 2009. "The effects of upcoding, cream skimming and readmissions on the Italian hospitals efficiency: a population–based investigation," MPRA Paper 17671, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Zheng, Zhiqiang (Eric) & Natarajan, Ram, 2010. "DEA-based hypothesis tests for comparing two groups of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 206(1), pages 231-238, October.
- Bruce Hollingsworth & P.J. Dawson & N. Maniadakis, 1999. "Efficiency measurement of health care: a review of non‐parametric methods and applications," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 161-172, July.
- Rajiv D. Banker & Robert F. Conrad & Robert P. Strauss, 1986. "A Comparative Application of Data Envelopment Analysis and Translog Methods: An Illustrative Study of Hospital Production," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(1), pages 30-44, January.
- Vincenzo Rebba & Dino Rizzi, 2007. "Measuring Hospital Efficiency through Data Envelopment Analysis when Policy-makers' Preferences Matter. An Application to a Sample of Italian NHS Hospitals," Politica economica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 233-258.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Gian Paolo Barbetta & Gilberto Turati & Angelo M. Zago, 2007.
"Behavioral differences between public and private not-for-profit hospitals in the Italian national health service,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 75-96.
- Gian Paolo Barbetta & Gilberto Turati & Angelo Zago, 2004. "Behavioral Differences Between Public and Private Not-For-Profit Hospitals in the Italian National Health Service," Working Papers 12/2004, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Paul Marschall & Steffen Flessa, 2011. "Efficiency of primary care in rural Burkina Faso. A two-stage DEA analysis," Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 1-15, December.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Gadh, Vandana M. & Gorr, Wilpen L., 1993. "A Monte Carlo comparison of two production frontier estimation methods: Corrected ordinary least squares and data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 332-343, June.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "The Economic Theory of Index Numbers and the Measurement of Input, Output, and Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1393-1414, November.
- Jos Blank & Vivian Valdmanis, 2010. "Environmental factors and productivity on Dutch hospitals: a semi-parametric approach," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 27-34, March.
- Matthias Staat, 2011. "Estimating the efficiency of general practitioners controlling for case mix and outlier effects," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 321-342, April.
- Florens, Jean-Pierre & Simar, Leopold, 2005. "Parametric approximations of nonparametric frontiers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 91-116, January.
- Diego Prior, 2006. "Efficiency and total quality management in health care organizations: A dynamic frontier approach," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 145(1), pages 281-299, July.
- Magnussen, Jon & Nyland, Kari, 2008. "Measuring efficiency in clinical departments," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 1-7, July.
- Rajiv D. Banker, 1993. "Maximum Likelihood, Consistency and Data Envelopment Analysis: A Statistical Foundation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(10), pages 1265-1273, October.
More about this item
Keywordsefficiency; directly managed hospitals; m-order frontier; non-parametric tests; geographical areas comparison;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EFF-2014-09-29 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-EUR-2014-09-29 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-GER-2014-09-29 (German Papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipu:wpaper:5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.