General equilibrium, risk taking and volatility
Although it is a phenomenon that is routinely observed in financial markets, the interaction between ambiguity averse and ambiguity lovers was not yet analyzed extensively in the literature of general equilibrium, mainly due to technical issues. In this paper, we show that the wealth aggregate risk plays a role on the existence of equilibrium in Arrow-Debreu economies. Moreover, we study properties of the equilibrium allocations such as condition for risk sharing, and the price behavior in equilibrium in presence of regulation, i.e., state price volatility when regulation is increased, and, for preferences with distorted probabilities with CARA utility functions, the decomposition of risk factor and ambiguity factor in these prices.
|Date of creation:||25 Feb 2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 184 Boulevard Saint-Germain, 75006 Paris|
Phone: 33 1 53 63 36 00
Web page: http://www.ipag.fr
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tallon, Jean-Marc & Dana, Rose-Anne & Chateauneuf, Alain, 2000.
"Optimal risk-sharing rules and equilibria with Choquet-expected-utility,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/5461, Paris Dauphine University.
- Chateauneuf, Alain & Dana, Rose-Anne & Tallon, Jean-Marc, 2000. "Optimal risk-sharing rules and equilibria with Choquet-expected-utility," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 191-214, October.
- Alain Chateauneuf & Rose Anne Dana & Jean-Marc Tallon, 2000. "Optimal risk-sharing rules and equilibria with Choquet-expected-utility," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00451997, HAL.
- Strzalecki, Tomasz & Werner, Jan, 2011.
"Efficient Allocations under Ambiguity,"
11352637, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Milton Friedman & L. J. Savage, 1948. "The Utility Analysis of Choices Involving Risk," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 279.
- Luca Rigotti & Chris Shannon & Tomasz Strzalecki, 2008.
"Subjective Beliefs and ex ante Trade,"
Econometric Society, vol. 76(5), pages 1167-1190, 09.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00451997 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Aldo Rustichini, 2006.
"Ambiguity Aversion, Robustness, and the Variational Representation of Preferences,"
Econometric Society, vol. 74(6), pages 1447-1498, November.
- Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Aldo Rustichini, 2004. "Ambiguity Aversion, Robustness, and the Variational Representation of Preferences," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 12, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised 2006.
- Peter Klibanoff & Massimo Marinacci & Sujoy Mukerji, 2002.
"A smooth model of decision making under ambiguity,"
ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series
11-2003, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research, revised Apr 2003.
- Schmeidler, David, 1989.
"Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 571-87, May.
- David Schmeidler, 1989. "Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7662, David K. Levine.
- Anderson, Robert M, 1985. "Strong Core Theorems with Nonconvex Preferences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1283-94, November.
- Quiggin, John, 1982. "A theory of anticipated utility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 323-343, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipg:wpaper:2014-181. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Schumacher)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.