Multivariate ARCH with spatial effects for stock sector and size
This paper applies a new spatial approach for the specfication of multivariate GARCH models, called Spatial Effects in ARCH, SEARCH. We consider spatial dependence associated with industrial sectors and capitalization size. This parametrization extends current feasible specifications for large scale GARCH models, keeping the numbers of parameters linear as a function of the number of assets. An application to daily returns on 150 stocks from the NYSE for the period January 1994 to June 2001 shows the benefits of the present specification when compared to alternative specifications.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.uninsubria.it/uninsubria/facolta/econo.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jurgen A Doornik & Henrik Hansen, .
"An omnibus test for univariate and multivariate normalit,"
W4&91., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Jurgen A. Doornik & Henrik Hansen, 2008. "An Omnibus Test for Univariate and Multivariate Normality," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(s1), pages 927-939, December.
- Y. K. Tse, 2002. "Residual-based diagnostics for conditional heteroscedasticity models," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 5(2), pages 358-374, 06.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Heun Song, Seuck & Cheol Jung, Byoung & Koh, Won, 2007. "Testing for serial correlation, spatial autocorrelation and random effects using panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 5-51, September.
- Christoffersen, Peter F, 1998. "Evaluating Interval Forecasts," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(4), pages 841-62, November.
- Won Koh & Byoung Cheol Jung & Badi H. Baltagi & Seuck Heun Song, 2004.
"Testing for Serial Correlation, Spatial Autocorrelation and Random Effects,"
Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings
338, Econometric Society.
- Won Koh & Badi H. Baltagi & Seuck Heun Song, 2004. "Testing for Serial Correlation, Spatial Autocorrelation and Random Effects," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 415, Econometric Society.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ins:quaeco:qf0509. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Segreteria Dipartimento)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Segreteria Dipartimento to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.