Size-dependent labour regulations and threshold effects: The Case of contract-worker intensity in Indian manufacturing
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- K.V. Ramaswamy, 2013. "Size-Dependent Labour Regulations and Threshold Effects: The Case of Contract-worker Intensity in Indian Manufacturing," Working Papers id:5388, eSocialSciences.
References listed on IDEAS
- Achyuta Adhvaryu & A. V. Chari & Siddharth Sharma, 2013. "Firing Costs and Flexibility: Evidence from Firms' Employment Responses to Shocks in India," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 95(3), pages 725-740, July.
- Sean M. Dougherty, 2009.
"Labour Regulation and Employment Dynamics at the State Level in India,"
Review of Market Integration,
India Development Foundation, vol. 1(3), pages 295-337, December.
- Sean Dougherty, 2008. "Labour Regulation and Employment Dynamics at the State Level in India," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 624, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Srivastava, Ravi., 2016. "Structural change and non-standard forms of employment in India," ILO Working Papers 994897513402676, International Labour Organization.
- Ravi S. Srivastava, 2016. "Myth and reality of labour flexibility in India," The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Springer;The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE), pages 1-38.
- Chaurey, Ritam, 2015.
"Labor regulations and contract labor use: Evidence from Indian firms,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 224-232.
- Chris Bidner & Mukesh Eswaran, 2013. "A Gender-Based Theory of the Origin of the Caste System of India," Working Papers id:5206, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
Keywordslabour regulation; threshold; firm size distribution; employment;
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- K31 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Labor Law
- J58 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ind:igiwpp:2013-012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamprasad M. Pujar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/igidrin.html .