Economic precariousness: A new channel in the housing market cycle
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Philip Arestis & Ana Rosa Gonzalez‐Martinez, 2019. "Economic precariousness: A new channel in the housing market cycle," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(2), pages 1030-1043, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Holly, Sean & Jones, Natasha, 1997. "House prices since the 1940s: Cointegration, demography and asymmetries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 549-565, October.
- Oswald Andrew J., 1996.
"A Conjecture on the Explanation for High Unemployment in the Industrialized Nations : Part I,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
475, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Oswald, Andrew J., 1996. "A Conjecture on the Explanation for High Unemployment in the Industrialized Nations: Part I," Economic Research Papers 268744, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Berloffa, Gabriella & Modena, Francesca, 2012.
"Economic well-being in Italy: The role of income insecurity and intergenerational inequality,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 751-765.
- Gabriella Berloffa & Francesca Modena, 2010. "Economic well-being in Italy: The role of income insecurity and intergenerational inequality," Working Papers 168, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Theodore Panagiotidis & Panagiotis Printzis, 2016.
"On the macroeconomic determinants of the housing market in Greece: a VECM approach,"
International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 387-409, July.
- Theodore,Panagiotidis;Panagiotis,Printzis, 2015. "On the Macroeconomic Determinants of the Housing Market in Greece: A VECM Approach," GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 88, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
- Panagiotidis, Theodore & Printzis, Panagiotis, 2015. "On the macroeconomic determinants of the housing market in Greece: a VECM approach," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 61014, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- James M. Poterba, 1984. "Tax Subsidies to Owner-Occupied Housing: An Asset-Market Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 99(4), pages 729-752.
- Gábor Pintér, 2019.
"House Prices and Job Losses,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 129(618), pages 991-1013.
- Pinter, Gabor, 2015. "House prices and job losses," Bank of England working papers 569, Bank of England.
- Gabor Pinter, 2015. "House Prices and Job Losses," Discussion Papers 1507, Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM).
- Pinter, Gabor, 2015. "House prices and job losses," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 86318, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Minford, Patrick & Ashton, Paul & Peel, Michael, 1988.
"The Effects of Housing Distortions on Unemployment,"
Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(2), pages 322-345, June.
- Ashton, Paul & Minford, Patrick & Peel, Michael, 1987. "The Effects of Housing Distortions on Unemployment," CEPR Discussion Papers 191, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sommer, Kamila & Sullivan, Paul & Verbrugge, Randal, 2013.
"The equilibrium effect of fundamentals on house prices and rents,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(7), pages 854-870.
- Kamila Sommer & Paul Sullivan & Randal Verbrugge, 2010. "Run-up in the House Price-Rent Ratio: How Much Can Be Explained by Fundamentals?," Working Papers 441, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Rogers, William H. & Winkler, Anne E., 2013. "The Relationship between the Housing & Labor Market Crises and Doubling-Up: An MSA-Level Analysis, 2005-2010," IZA Discussion Papers 7263, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Joshua H. Gallin, 2003. "The long-run relationship between house prices and income: evidence from local housing markets," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2003-17, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- McCormick, Barry, 1983. "Housing and Unemployment in Great Britain," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(0), pages 283-305, Supplemen.
- Jarque, Carlos M. & Bera, Anil K., 1980. "Efficient tests for normality, homoscedasticity and serial independence of regression residuals," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 255-259.
- Nelson, Charles R. & Plosser, Charles I., 1982. "Trends and random walks in macroeconmic time series : Some evidence and implications," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 139-162.
- Bera, Anil K. & Jarque, Carlos M., 1981. "Efficient tests for normality, homoscedasticity and serial independence of regression residuals : Monte Carlo Evidence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 313-318.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Philip Arestis & Ana Rosa González-Martínez, 2015. "Residential Construction Activity in OECD Economies," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 83(4), pages 451-474, July.
- Kyritsis, Evangelos & Serletis, Apostolos, 2018.
"The zero lower bound and market spillovers: Evidence from the G7 and Norway,"
Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 100-123.
- Kyritsis, Evangelos & Serletis, Apostolos, 2017. "The Zero Lower Bound and Market Spillovers: Evidence from the G7 and Norway," Discussion Papers 2017/7, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Philip Arestis & Ana Rosa GonzÃ¡lez-MartÃnez, 2015. "Is Job Insecurity a Driver of the Housing Cycle? Some Evidence in the Spanish Case," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 62(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Md. Shahiduzzaman & Khorshed Alam, 2014.
"A reassessment of energy and GDP relationship: the case of Australia,"
Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 323-344, April.
- Shahiduzzaman, Md & Alam, Khorshed, 2012. "A reassessment of energy and GDP relationship: A case of Australia," MPRA Paper 36256, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tursoy, Turgut & Faisal, Faisal & Berk, Niyazi & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2018. "How do Stock Prices and Metal Prices Contribute to Economic Activity in Turkey? The Importance of Linear and Non-linear ARDL," MPRA Paper 88899, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tang, Chor Foon, 2010. "The determinants of health expenditure in Malaysia: A time series analysis," MPRA Paper 24356, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Catherine Bruneau & Nadia Sghaier, 2014. "Cyclicity in the French Property," Working Papers 2014-47, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Sumera Arshad & Amajd Ali, 2016.
"Trade-off between Inflation, Interest and Unemployment Rate of Pakistan: Revisited,"
Bulletin of Business and Economics (BBE), Research Foundation for Humanity (RFH), vol. 5(4), pages 193-209, December.
- Arshad, Sumera & Ali, Amjad, 2016. "Trade-off between Inflation, Interest and Unemployment Rate of Pakistan: Revisited," MPRA Paper 78101, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pao, Hsiao-Tien & Fu, Hsin-Chia, 2013. "The causal relationship between energy resources and economic growth in Brazil," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 793-801.
- Uddin, Gazi Salah & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Arouri, Mohamed & Teulon, Frédéric, 2014.
"Financial development and poverty reduction nexus: A cointegration and causality analysis in Bangladesh,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 405-412.
- Uddin, Gazi Salah & Shahbaz, Muhammad & AROURI, Mohamed El Hedi, 2013. "Financial Development and Poverty Reduction Nexus:A Cointegration and Causality Analysis in Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 49264, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Aug 2013.
- Levent KORAP, 2008.
"Exchange Rate Determination Of Tl/Us$:A Co-Integration Approach,"
Istanbul University Econometrics and Statistics e-Journal, Department of Econometrics, Faculty of Economics, Istanbul University, vol. 7(1), pages 24-50, May.
- Levent, Korap, 2008. "Exchange rate determination of TL/US$: a co-integration approach," MPRA Paper 19659, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Boswijk, H. Peter & Franses, Philip Hans & van Dijk, Dick, 2010. "Cointegration in a historical perspective," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 158(1), pages 156-159, September.
- Teti̇k, Metin, 2020. "Testing of leader-follower interaction between fed and emerging countries’ central banks," The Journal of Economic Asymmetries, Elsevier, vol. 22(C).
- Halil Altýntas & Melike Kum, 2013. "Multivariate Granger Causality between Electricity Generation, Exports, Prices and Economic Growth in Turkey," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 3(Special), pages 41-51.
- Tung Liu & Lee C. Spector, 2005.
"Dynamic employment adjustments over business cycles,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 151-169, January.
- Tung Liu & Lee C. Spector, 2003. "Dynamic employment adjustments over business cycles," Working Papers 200302, Ball State University, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2005.
- Hayashi, Naotsugu, 2005. "Structural changes and unit roots in Japan's macroeconomic time series: is real business cycle theory supported?," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 239-259, April.
- Lupi, Claudio, 2009. "Unit Root CADF Testing with R," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 32(i02).
- Muhammad, Anees & Ishfaq, Ahmed, 2011. "Industrial development, agricultural growth, urbanization and environmental Kuznets curve in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 33469, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tang, Chor Foon, 2008. "A re-examination of the relationship between electricity consumption and economic growth in Malaysia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 3067-3075, August.
- Phouphet Kyophilavong & Gazi Salah Uddin & Muhammad Shahbaz, 2016.
"The Nexus between Financial Development and Economic Growth in Lao PDR,"
Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 17(2), pages 303-317, April.
- Kyophilavong, Phouphet & Salah Uddin, Gazi & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2014. "The Nexus Between Financial Development and Economic Growth in Lao PDR," MPRA Paper 57308, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Jul 2014.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic precariousness; Job insecurity; Labour markets; House prices; Cointegration techniques.;
All these keywords.
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HME-2018-01-29 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2018-01-29 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-URE-2018-01-29 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imk:fmmpap:12-2017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/fmbocde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sabine Nemitz (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/fmbocde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.