Status Aspirations, Wealth Inequality, and Economic Growth
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Oded Stark, 2006. "Status Aspirations, Wealth Inequality, and Economic Growth," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 171-176, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gaspart, Frederic & Seki, Erika, 2003. "Cooperation, status seeking and competitive behaviour: theory and evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 51-77, May.
- Fishman, Arthur & Simhon, Avi, 2002. "The Division of Labor, Inequality and Growth," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 117-136, June.
- Stark, Oded, 1990. "A Relative Deprivation Approach to Performance Incentives in Career Games and Other Contests," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 211-227.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mekonnen, Daniel & Gerber, Nicolas, 2015.
"The Effect of Aspirations on Agricultural Innovations in Rural Ethiopia,"
2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy
211680, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mekonnen, Daniel Ayalew & Gerber, Nicolas, 2016. "The effect of aspirations on agricultural innovations in rural Ethiopia," Discussion Papers 235106, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Daniel Ayalew Mekonnen & Daniel Ayalew Mekonnen & Nicolas Gerber & Nicolas Gerber, 2016. "The effect of aspirations on agricultural innovations in rural Ethiopia," FOODSECURE Working papers 52, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Andrew E. Clark & Paul Frijters & Michael A. Shields, 2008.
"Relative Income, Happiness, and Utility: An Explanation for the Easterlin Paradox and Other Puzzles,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 46(1), pages 95-144, March.
- Clark, Andrew E. & Frijters, Paul & Shields, Michael A., 2007. "Relative Income, Happiness and Utility: An Explanation for the Easterlin Paradox and Other Puzzles," IZA Discussion Papers 2840, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andrew E. Clark & Paul Frijters & Michael A. Shields, 2008. "Relative income, happiness, and utility: An explanation for the Easterlin paradox and other puzzles," Post-Print halshs-00754299, HAL.
- Nguyen-Van, Phu & Pham, Thi Kim Cuong, 2013.
"Endogenous fiscal policies, environmental quality, and status-seeking behavior,"
Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 32-40.
- Phu Nguyen-Van & Thi Kim Cuong Pham, 2008. "Endogenous Fiscal Policies, Environmental Quality, and Status-Seeking Behavior," Working Papers 29, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
- Thi Kim Cuong PHAM & Phu NGUYEN-VAN, 2009. "Endogenous Fiscal Policies, Environmental Quality, and Status-Seeking Behavior," Working Papers of BETA 2009-22, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Travis J. Lybbert & Bruce Wydick, 2017.
"Hope as Aspirations, Agency, and Pathways: Poverty Dynamics and Microfinance in Oaxaca, Mexico,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Economics of Poverty Traps
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Travis J. Lybbert & Bruce Wydick, 2016. "Hope as Aspirations, Agency, and Pathways: Poverty Dynamics and Microfinance in Oaxaca, Mexico," NBER Working Papers 22661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baochun Peng, 2008. "Relative deprivation, wealth inequality and economic growth," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 94(3), pages 223-229, September.
More about this item
KeywordsQuest for status; Distribution of wealth; Economic growth;
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ihs:ihsesp:166. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Doris Szoncsitz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deihsat.html .