Generation and distribution of productivity gains in French agriculture. Who are the winners and the losers over the last fifty years?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- J.Ph. Boussemart & J.Ph. Butault & O. Ojo, 2012. "Generation and Distribution of Productivity Gains in French Agriculture. Who are the Winners and the Losers over the Last Fifty Years?," Post-Print hal-00787674, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- John W. Kendrick, 1961. "Productivity Trends in the United States," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number kend61-1, March.
- Fried, Harold O. & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Shelton S. (ed.), 2008. "The Measurement of Productive Efficiency and Productivity Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195183528.
- Charles R. Hulten & Edwin R. Dean & Michael J. Harper, 2001. "New Developments in Productivity Analysis," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number hult01-1, March.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "Multilateral Comparisons of Output, Input, and Productivity Using Superlative Index Numbers," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(365), pages 73-86, March.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dakpo, K Hervé & Desjeux, Yann & Jeanneaux, Philippe & Latruffe, Laure, 2016.
"Productivity, efficiency and technological change in French agriculture during 2002-2014: A Färe-Primont index decomposition,"
149th Seminar, October 27-28, 2016, Rennes, France
244793, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Latruffe, L. & Dakpo, K.H. & Desjeux, Y. & Jeanneaux, P., 2018. "Productivity, efficiency and technological change in French agriculture during 2002-2014: A F re-Primont index decomposition," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277369, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Maranhão, Rebecca Lima Albuquerque & Vieira Filho, José Eustáquio Ribeiro, 2022. "International engagement of Brazilian agribusinesses: a comparative analysis," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), April.
- Tomas Balezentis & Vaida Sapolaite, 2022. "Productivity surplus and its distribution in Lithuanian agriculture," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 49(3), pages 721-740, August.
- Jitea, Ionel-Mugurel & Pocol, Christina Bianca, 2014. "The Impact of the Common Agricultural Policy on Romanian Farming Structures. Who are the Winners and who are the Losers?," 142nd Seminar, May 29-30, 2014, Budapest, Hungary 170799, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- P. Veysset & M. Lherm & P. Natier & Jean-Philippe Boussemart, 2019. "Generation and distribution of productivity gains in beef cattle farming: Who are the winners and losers between 1980 and 2015?," Post-Print hal-02107423, HAL.
- Jitea, Ionel-Mugurel & Pocol, Cristina Bianca, 2014. "The Common Agricultural Policy and productivity gains in Romanian agriculture: is there any evidence of convergence to the Western European realities?," Studies in Agricultural Economics, Research Institute for Agricultural Economics, vol. 116(3), pages 1-3, December.
- Dakpo, K Hervé & Desjeux, Yann & Jeanneaux, Philippe & Latruffe , Laure, 2017.
"Productivity, technical efficiency and technological change in French agriculture during 2002-2014: A Färe-Primont index decomposition,"
263010, Institut National de la recherche Agronomique (INRA), Departement Sciences Sociales, Agriculture et Alimentation, Espace et Environnement (SAE2).
- K Hervé Dakpo & Yann Desjeux & Philippe Jeanneaux & Laure Latruffe, 2017. "Productivity, technical efficiency and technological change in French agriculture during 2002-2014: A Färe-Primont index decomposition," Working Papers SMART 17-07, INRAE UMR SMART.
- Laurent Piet & Vincent Chatellier & Nathalie Delame & Yann Desjeux & Philippe Jeanneaux & Catherine Laroche-Dupraz & Aude Ridier & Patrick Veysset, 2021. "Hétérogénéité, déterminants et soutien du revenu des agriculteurs français," Post-Print hal-03405184, HAL.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Massimo Del Gatto & Adriana Di Liberto & Carmelo Petraglia, 2011.
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(5), pages 952-1008, December.
- M. Del Gatto & A. Di Liberto & C. Petraglia, 2008. "Measuring Productivity," Working Paper CRENoS 200818, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Surya Bhushan, 2021. "Labour Productivity Dynamics in Indian Agriculture: 2000–2016," The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Springer;The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE), vol. 64(2), pages 371-388, June.
- Charles R. Hulten, 2009. "Growth Accounting," NBER Working Papers 15341, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hulten, Charles R., 2010. "Growth Accounting," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, in: Bronwyn H. Hall & Nathan Rosenberg (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 0, pages 987-1031, Elsevier.
- Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Hervé Leleu & Edward Mensah, 2017.
"Generation and distribution of the total factor productivity gains in US industries,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(24), pages 2379-2393, May.
- Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Hervé Leleu & Edward Mensah, 2014. "Generation and Distribution of Total Factor Productivity Gains in US Industries," Working Papers 2014-EQM-02, IESEG School of Management.
- Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Herve Leleu & Edward Mensah, 2016. "Generation and distribution of the total factor productivity gains in US industries," Post-Print hal-01533529, HAL.
- David H. Good & M. Ishaq Nadiri & Robin C. Sickles, 1996.
"Index Number and Factor Demand Approaches to the Estimation of Productivity,"
NBER Working Papers
5790, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Good, D. & Nadiri, M.I. & Sickles, R., 1996. "Index Number and Factor Demand Approaches to the Estimarion of Productivity," Working Papers 96-34, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Johanna Vogel, 2015.
"The two faces of R&D and human capital: Evidence from Western European regions,"
Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(3), pages 525-551, August.
- Johanna Vogel, 2012. "The Two Faces of R&D and Human Capital: Evidence from Western European Regions," Economics Series Working Papers 599, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Robert J. Gordon, 1992.
"Productivity in the Transportation Sector,"
NBER Chapters, in: Output Measurement in the Service Sectors, pages 371-427,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Gordon, 1991. "Productivity in the Transportation Sector," NBER Working Papers 3815, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- W. Erwin Diewert, 1995. "Price and Volume Measures in the System of National Accounts," NBER Working Papers 5103, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sheng, Yu & Zhao, Shiji & Yang, Sansi, 2021. "Weather shocks, adaptation and agricultural TFP: A cross-region comparison of Australian Broadacre farms," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(C).
- Charles R. Hulten, 2000. "Total Factor Productivity: A Short Biography," NBER Working Papers 7471, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hussain, Jakir & Bernard, Jean-Thomas, 2017.
"Regional productivity convergence: An analysis of the pulp and paper industries in U.S., Canada, Finland, and Sweden,"
Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 49-62.
- Jakir Hussain & Jean-Thomas Bernard, 2017. "Regional Productivity Convergence: An Analysis of the Pulp and Paper Industries in U.S., Canada, Finland and Sweden," Working Papers 1701E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Lukáš Čechura & Zdeňka Žáková Kroupová & Antonella Samoggia, 2021. "Drivers of Productivity Change in the Italian Tomato Food Value Chain," Agriculture, MDPI, vol. 11(10), pages 1-17, October.
- Decimavilla Herrero, Esther & San Juan, Carlos, 2000. "Diferencias de productividad en Europa. Equilibrio a corto y largo plazo," DE - Documentos de Trabajo. Economía. DE 7314, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Ghebremichael, Asghedom & Potter-Witter, Karen, 2009. "Effects of tax incentives on long-run capital formation and total factor productivity growth in the Canadian sawmilling industry," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 85-94, March.
- Edquist, Harald & Henrekson, Magnus, 2004.
"Technological Breakthroughs and Productivity Growth,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
0562, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 23 Jan 2006.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Edquist, Harald, 2006. "Technological Breakthroughs and Productivity Growth," Working Paper Series 665, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Harald Edquist & Magnus Henrekson, 2005. "Technological breakthroughs and productivity growth," Working Papers 5024, Economic History Society.
- Cechura, Lukas & Zakova Kroupova, Zdenka & Maly, Michal & Hockmann, Heinrich, 2015.
"Scale efficiency in European pork production,"
EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 51-56.
- CECHURA, Lukas & ZAKOVA KROUPOVA, Zdenka & MALY, Michal & HOCKMANN, Heinrich, 2015. "Scale Efficiency In European Pork Production," Review of Agricultural and Applied Economics (RAAE), Faculty of Economics and Management, Slovak Agricultural University in Nitra, vol. 18(2), pages 1-6, October.
- Bryce Stewart & Terrence Veeman & James Unterschultz, 2009. "Crops and Livestock Productivity Growth in the Prairies: The Impacts of Technical Change and Scale," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 57(3), pages 379-394, September.
- Ivancic, Lorraine & Erwin Diewert, W. & Fox, Kevin J., 2011.
"Scanner data, time aggregation and the construction of price indexes,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 161(1), pages 24-35, March.
- Diewert, Erwin & Fox, Kevin J. & Ivancic, Lorraine, 2009. "Scanner Data, Time Aggregation and the Construction of Price Indexes," Economics working papers erwin_diewert-2009-48, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 22 Sep 2009.
- Robert Inklaar & Marcel P. Timmer, 2012.
"Productivity Convergence Across Industries and Countries: The Importance of Theory-based Measurement,"
Chapters, in: Matilde Mas & Robert Stehrer (ed.), Industrial Productivity in Europe, chapter 11,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Inklaar, Robert & Timmer, Marcel P., 2009. "Productivity Convergence Across Industries And Countries: The Importance Of Theory-Based Measurement," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(S2), pages 218-240, September.
- Inklaar, R. & Timmer, M.P., 2009. "Productivity Convergence Across Industries and Countries: The Importance of Theory-based Measurement," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-109, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
More about this item
KeywordsIndex numbers; Total Factor Productivity; Factor income distribution; Agricultural and food policy;
All these keywords.
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- D33 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Factor Income Distribution
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy; Animal Welfare Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-12-15 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-EFF-2012-12-15 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-EUR-2012-12-15 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-HIS-2012-12-15 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-POL-2012-12-15 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ies:wpaper:e201215. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iesegfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joao DA CUNHA (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iesegfr.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.