To What Extent do Latin Americans Trust and Cooperate? Field Experiments on Social Exclusion In Six Latin American Countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Juan Camilo Cárdenas & Alberto E. Chong & Hugo R. Ñopo, 2008. "To What Extent do Latin Americans Trust and Cooperate?: Field Experiments on Social Exclusion In Six Latin American Countries," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1616, Inter-American Development Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andreoni, James, 1988. "Why free ride? : Strategies and learning in public goods experiments," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 291-304, December.
- Alberto Alesina & Eliana La Ferrara, 2000.
"Participation in Heterogeneous Communities,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 115(3), pages 847-904.
- Alberto Alesina & Eliana La Ferrara, "undated". "Participation in Heterogeneous Communities," Working Papers 151, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- La Ferrara, Eliana & Alesina, Alberto, 2000. "Participation in Heterogeneous Communities," Scholarly Articles 4551796, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alberto Alesina & Eliana La Ferrara, 1999. "Participation in Heterogeneous Communities," NBER Working Papers 7155, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hans P. Binswanger, 1980.
"Attitudes Toward Risk: Experimental Measurement in Rural India,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 62(3), pages 395-407.
- Hans Binswanger, 1980. "Attitudes toward risk: Experimental measurement in rural india," Artefactual Field Experiments 00009, The Field Experiments Website.
- Bergstrom, Theodore & Blume, Lawrence & Varian, Hal, 1986. "On the private provision of public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 25-49, February.
- Bohnet, Iris & Zeckhauser, Richard, 2004. "Trust, risk and betrayal," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 467-484, December.
- Abigail Barr, 2003.
"Risk pooling, commitment and information: An experimental test of two fundamental assumptions,"
Framed Field Experiments
00124, The Field Experiments Website.
- Abigail Barr, 2003. "Risk Pooling, Commitment and Information: An experimental test of two fundamental assumptions," Working Papers 2082, The Field Experiments Website.
- Abigail Barr, 2004. "Risk Pooling, Commitment, and Information: An experimental test of two fundamental assumptions," Development and Comp Systems 0409030, EconWPA.
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Platteau, Jean-Philippe, 2000. "Halting Degradation of Natural Resources: Is There a Role for Rural Communities?," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198290612.
- Nava Ashraf & Iris Bohnet & Nikita Piankov, 2006. "Decomposing trust and trustworthiness," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 9(3), pages 193-208, September.
- Berg Joyce & Dickhaut John & McCabe Kevin, 1995. "Trust, Reciprocity, and Social History," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 122-142, July.
- Andereoni, J., 1988. "Why Free Ride? Strategies And Learning In Public Goods Experiments," Working papers 375, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Carta a una amiga extranjera
by Leopoldo Fergusson in Foco Económico on 2013-12-04 03:00:26
- Los retornos sociales de la educación: A pesar de que la sociedad gana, algunos pueden perder
by David Bardey in Foco Económico on 2015-04-15 02:18:14
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan Camilo Cárdenas, 2009. "Experiments in Environment and Development," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 157-182, September.
- Vanessa Ríos & Alberto E. Chong & Hugo R. Ñopo, 2009.
"Do Welfare Programs Damage Interpersonal Trust?: Experimental Evidence from Representative Samples for Four Latin American Cities,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
1639, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Alberto Chong & Hugo Nopo & Vanessa Rios, 2009. "Do Welfare Programs Damage Interpersonal Trust? Experimental Evidence from Representative Samples for Four Latin American Cities," Research Department Publications 4609, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Juan Barrios, 2015. "“I Think Competition is Better Than You Do: Does It Make Me Happier?” Evidence from the World Value Surveys," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 599-618, June.
- Attanasio, Orazio & Polania-Reyes, Sandra & Pellerano, Luca, 2015. "Building social capital: Conditional cash transfers and cooperation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 22-39.
- Anderies, John M. & Janssen, Marco A. & Bousquet, François & Cardenas, Juan-Camilo & Castillo, Daniel & Lopez, Maria-Claudio & Tobias, Robert & Vollan, Björn & Wutich, Amber, 2011. "The challenge of understanding decisions in experimental studies of common pool resource governance," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(9), pages 1571-1579, July.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2008-10-21 (Development)
- NEP-EXP-2008-10-21 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2008-10-21 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idb:wpaper:4577. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Felipe Herrera Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iadbbus.html .