Rural-Urban Migration and Urban Poverty: Socio-Economic Profiles of Rickshaw Pullers and Owner-Contractors in North-East Delhi
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Takashi Kurosaki & Yasuyuki Sawada & Asit Banerji & S.N. Mishra, 2007. "Rural-Urban Migration and Urban Poverty: Socio-Economic Profiles of Rickshaw Pullers and Owner-Contractors in North-East Delhi," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-485, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marcel Fafchamps, 2003. "Rural Poverty, Risk and Development," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3127, April.
- Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart, 2002. "Growth Is Good for the Poor," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 195-225, September.
- Gaurav Datt & Martin Ravallion, 2002.
"Is India's Economic Growth Leaving the Poor Behind?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 89-108, Summer.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 2002. "Is India's economic growth leaving the poor behind?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2846, The World Bank.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2003. "Halving Global Poverty," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(3), pages 3-22, Summer.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1998.
"Why Have Some Indian States Done Better Than Others at Reducing Rural Poverty?,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 65(257), pages 17-38, February.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1996. "Why have some Indian states done better than others at reducing rural poverty?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1594, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kurosaki, Takashi, 2012. "Urban Transportation Infrastructure and Poverty Reduction: Delhi Metro's Impact on the Cycle Rickshaw Rental Market," PRIMCED Discussion Paper Series 24, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Sadhu, S.L.N. Sarma & Tiwari, Geetam & Jain, Himani, 2014. "Impact of cycle rickshaw trolley (CRT) as non-motorised freight transport in Delhi," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 64-70.
- Jain, Tarun & Sood, Ashima, 2017.
"How does relationship-based governance accommodate new entrants? Evidence from the cycle-rickshaw rental market,"
Journal of Institutional Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(03), pages 673-697, September.
- Jain, Tarun & Sood, Ashima, 2012. "How does relationship-based governance accommodate new entrants? Evidence from the cycle rickshaw rental market," MPRA Paper 37424, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-03-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2007-03-10 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2007-03-10 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hst:hstdps:d06-205. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tatsuji Makino). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehitjp.html .