Determinants of high-royalty contracts and the impact of stronger protection of intellectual property rights in Japan
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nagaoka, Sadao, 2005. "Determinants of high-royalty contracts and the impact of stronger protection of intellectual property rights in Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 233-254, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Schankerman & Suzanne Scotchmer, 1999.
"Damages and Injunctions in the Protection of Proprietary Research Tools,"
NBER Working Papers
7086, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Scotchmer, Suzanne & Schankerman, Mark, 1999. "Damages and Injunctions in the Protection of Proprietary Research Tools," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt0dh221jq, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters,in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Davidson, W H & McFetridge, Donald G, 1984. "International Technology Transactions and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(3), pages 253-264, March.
- Wesley M. Cohen & Richard R. Nelson & John P. Walsh, 2000.
"Protecting Their Intellectual Assets: Appropriability Conditions and Why U.S. Manufacturing Firms Patent (or Not),"
NBER Working Papers
7552, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wesley M Cohen & Richard R Nelson & John P Walsh, 2003. "Protecting Their Intellectual Assets: Appropriability Conditions and Why U.S. Manufacturing Firms Patent (Or Not)," Levine's Working Paper Archive 618897000000000624, David K. Levine.
- Anand, Bharat N & Khanna, Tarun, 2000. "The Structure of Licensing Contracts," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1), pages 103-135, March.
- Keith E. Maskus, 2000. "Intellectual Property Rights in the Global Economy," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 99.
- Caves, Richard E & Crookell, Harold & Killing, J Peter, 1983. "The Imperfect Market for Technology Licenses," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 45(3), pages 249-267, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tsutomu Shibata, 2006. "Japan, Moving Toward a More Advanced Knowledge Economy : Volume 1. Assessment and Lessons," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7081.
- Kyoji Fukao & Victoria Kravtsova & Kentaro Nakajima, 2014.
"How important is geographical agglomeration to factory efficiency in Japan’s manufacturing sector?,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 52(3), pages 659-696, May.
- FUKAO Kyoji & Victoria KRAVTSOVA & NAKAJIMA Kentaro, 2011. "How Important is Geographical Agglomeration to Factory Efficiency in Japan's Manufacturing Sector?," Discussion papers 11076, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- repec:spr:scient:v:80:y:2009:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-009-2095-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sadao Nagaoka, 2009. "Does strong patent protection facilitate international technology transfer? Some evidence from licensing contracts of Japanese firms," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 128-144, April.
- Andrea Pierce & Debapriya Sen, 2014.
"Outsourcing versus technology transfer: Hotelling meets Stackelberg,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 111(3), pages 263-287, April.
- Pierce, Andrea & Sen, Debapriya, 2009. "Outsourcing versus technology transfer: Hotelling meets Stackelberg," MPRA Paper 15673, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sen, Debapriya & Stamatopoulos, Giorgos, 2009. "Drastic innovations and multiplicity of optimal licensing policies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 7-10, October.
- BHATTACHARYA, Sudipto & D’ASPREMONT, Claude & GURIEV, Sergei & SEN, Debapriya, 2012. "Cooperation in R&D: patenting, licensing and contracting," CORE Discussion Papers 2012055, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- repec:spr:scient:v:82:y:2010:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-009-0101-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:taf:raaexx:v:23:y:2016:i:3:p:291-305 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:scient:v:98:y:2014:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-013-1110-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Debapriya Sen & Giorgos Stamatopoulos, 2009. "Technology Transfer Under Returns To Scale," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 77(3), pages 337-365, June.
- Kabiraj, Abhishek & Kabiraj, Tarun, 2017. "Tariff induced licensing contracts, consumers’ surplus and welfare," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 439-447.
- Arora, Ashish & Gambardella, Alfonso, 2010. "The Market for Technology," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, Elsevier.
More about this item
KeywordsIntellectual property rights; Licensing contract; Appropriability; Patent;
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- O34 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-02-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2005-02-20 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-INO-2005-02-20 (Innovation)
- NEP-SEA-2005-02-20 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hst:hstdps:d04-60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tatsuji Makino). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehitjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.