Determinants of high-royalty contracts and the impact of stronger protection of intellectual property rights in Japan
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nagaoka, Sadao, 2005. "Determinants of high-royalty contracts and the impact of stronger protection of intellectual property rights in Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 233-254, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Schankerman & Suzanne Scotchmer, 1999.
"Damages and Injunctions in the Protection of Proprietary Research Tools,"
NBER Working Papers
7086, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Scotchmer, Suzanne & Schankerman, Mark, 1999. "Damages and Injunctions in the Protection of Proprietary Research Tools," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt0dh221jq, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters,in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Davidson, W H & McFetridge, Donald G, 1984. "International Technology Transactions and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(3), pages 253-264, March.
- Wesley M. Cohen & Richard R. Nelson & John P. Walsh, 2000.
"Protecting Their Intellectual Assets: Appropriability Conditions and Why U.S. Manufacturing Firms Patent (or Not),"
NBER Working Papers
7552, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wesley M Cohen & Richard R Nelson & John P Walsh, 2003. "Protecting Their Intellectual Assets: Appropriability Conditions and Why U.S. Manufacturing Firms Patent (Or Not)," Levine's Working Paper Archive 618897000000000624, David K. Levine.
- Anand, Bharat N & Khanna, Tarun, 2000. "The Structure of Licensing Contracts," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1), pages 103-135, March.
- Keith E. Maskus, 2000. "Intellectual Property Rights in the Global Economy," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 99.
- Caves, Richard E & Crookell, Harold & Killing, J Peter, 1983. "The Imperfect Market for Technology Licenses," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 45(3), pages 249-267, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tsutomu Shibata, 2006. "Japan, Moving Toward a More Advanced Knowledge Economy : Volume 1. Assessment and Lessons," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7081.
- Kyoji Fukao & Victoria Kravtsova & Kentaro Nakajima, 2014.
"How important is geographical agglomeration to factory efficiency in Japan’s manufacturing sector?,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 52(3), pages 659-696, May.
- FUKAO Kyoji & Victoria KRAVTSOVA & NAKAJIMA Kentaro, 2011. "How Important is Geographical Agglomeration to Factory Efficiency in Japan's Manufacturing Sector?," Discussion papers 11076, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- repec:spr:scient:v:80:y:2009:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-009-2095-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sadao Nagaoka, 2009. "Does strong patent protection facilitate international technology transfer? Some evidence from licensing contracts of Japanese firms," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 128-144, April.
- Andrea Pierce & Debapriya Sen, 2014.
"Outsourcing versus technology transfer: Hotelling meets Stackelberg,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 111(3), pages 263-287, April.
- Pierce, Andrea & Sen, Debapriya, 2009. "Outsourcing versus technology transfer: Hotelling meets Stackelberg," MPRA Paper 15673, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sen, Debapriya & Stamatopoulos, Giorgos, 2009. "Drastic innovations and multiplicity of optimal licensing policies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 7-10, October.
- BHATTACHARYA, Sudipto & D’ASPREMONT, Claude & GURIEV, Sergei & SEN, Debapriya, 2012. "Cooperation in R&D: patenting, licensing and contracting," CORE Discussion Papers 2012055, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- repec:spr:scient:v:82:y:2010:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-009-0101-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:scient:v:98:y:2014:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-013-1110-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Debapriya Sen & Giorgos Stamatopoulos, 2009. "Technology Transfer Under Returns To Scale," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 77(3), pages 337-365, June.
- Kabiraj, Abhishek & Kabiraj, Tarun, 2017. "Tariff induced licensing contracts, consumers’ surplus and welfare," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 439-447.
- Arora, Ashish & Gambardella, Alfonso, 2010. "The Market for Technology," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, Elsevier.
More about this item
KeywordsIntellectual property rights; Licensing contract; Appropriability; Patent;
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- O34 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-02-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2005-02-20 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-INO-2005-02-20 (Innovation)
- NEP-SEA-2005-02-20 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hst:hstdps:d04-60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tatsuji Makino). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehitjp.html .