Does strong patent protection facilitate international technology transfer? Some evidence from licensing contracts of Japanese firms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nagaoka, Sadao, 2005.
"Determinants of high-royalty contracts and the impact of stronger protection of intellectual property rights in Japan,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 233-254, June.
- Sadao Nagaoka, 2004. "Determinants of high-royalty contracts and the impact of stronger protection of intellectual property rights in Japan," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d04-60, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Ginarte, Juan C. & Park, Walter G., 1997. "Determinants of patent rights: A cross-national study," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 283-301, October.
- Ashish Arora, 1995. "Licensing Tacit Knowledge: Intellectual Property Rights And The Market For Know-How," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 41-60.
- Ignatius Horstmann & James R. Markusen, 1987. "Licensing versus Direct Investment: A Model of Internalization by the Multinational Enterprise," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 20(3), pages 464-481, August.
- Smith, Pamela J., 2001. "How do foreign patent rights affect U.S. exports, affiliate sales, and licenses?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 411-439, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gilbert, Richard & Kristiansen, Eirik Gaard, 2015. "Licensing and Innovation with Imperfect Contract Enforcement," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 5/2015, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Ferran Vendrell Herrero & José Luis González Pernía, 2010. "Does the intensity in R&D generate start-up’s growth?," Working Papers 2010R05, Orkestra - Basque Institute of Competitiveness.
- JosÃ¨ L. GonzÃ¡lez-Pernia & Ferran Vendrell-Herrero, 2011. "Does the intensity in R&D generate start-up's growth?," ERSA conference papers ersa10p483, European Regional Science Association.
- JINJI Naoto & ZHANG Xingyuan & HARUNA Shoji, 2011. "Does the Structure of Multinational Enterprises' Activity Affect Technology Spillovers?," Discussion papers 11027, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
More about this item
KeywordsInternational licensing; Patent; Know-how; Ownership; O34; O33; O32;
- O34 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jtecht:v:34:y:2009:i:2:p:128-144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.