Input-Trade Liberalization and Markups
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fan, Haichao & Lai, Edwin L.-C. & Li, Yao Amber, 2015.
"Credit constraints, quality, and export prices: Theory and evidence from China,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 390-416.
- Fan, Haichao & Lai, Edwin L.-C. & Li, Yao Amber, 2012. "Credit Constraints, Quality, and Export Prices: Theory and Evidence from China," MPRA Paper 40857, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Haichao Fan & Edwin L.-C. Lai & Yao Amber Li, 2015. "Credit Constraints, Quality, and Export Prices: Theory and Evidence from China," HKUST IEMS Working Paper Series 2015-02, HKUST Institute for Emerging Market Studies, revised Jan 2015.
- Haichao Fan & Edwin L.-C. Lai & Yao Amber Li, 2013. "Credit Constraints, Quality, and Export Prices: Theory and Evidence from China," CESifo Working Paper Series 4370, CESifo Group Munich.
- Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg & Amit Kumar Khandelwal & Nina Pavcnik & Petia Topalova, 2010.
"Imported Intermediate Inputs and Domestic Product Growth: Evidence from India,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 125(4), pages 1727-1767.
- Pinelopi K. Goldberg & Amit Khandelwal & Nina Pavcnik & Petia Topalova, 2008. "Imported Intermediate Inputs and Domestic Product Growth: Evidence from India," NBER Working Papers 14416, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pinelopi Goldberg & Amit Khandelwal & Nina Pavcnik & Petia Topalova, 2009. "Imported Intermediate Inputs and Domestic Product Growth: Evidence from India," Working Papers 1179, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Chen, Natalie & Imbs, Jean & Scott, Andrew, 2009. "The dynamics of trade and competition," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 50-62, February.
- Feenstra, Robert C., 2003. "A homothetic utility function for monopolistic competition models, without constant price elasticity," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 79-86, January.
- Costas Arkolakis & Arnaud Costinot & Dave Donaldson & Andrés Rodríguez-Clare, 2015. "The Elusive Pro-Competitive Effects of Trade," NBER Working Papers 21370, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Konings, Jozef & Van Cayseele, Patrick & Warzynski, Frederic, 2001.
"The dynamics of industrial mark-ups in two small open economies: does national competition policy matter?,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 841-859, April.
- Jozef Konings & Patrick Van Cayseele & Frederic Warzynski, 1999. "The Dynamics of Industrial Markups in Two Small Open Economies: Does National Competition Policy Matter ?," Working Papers Department of Economics ces9914, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Miaojie Yu, 2010.
"Processing Trade, Firm's Productivity, and Tariff Reductions : Evidence from Chinese Products,"
Macroeconomics Working Papers
22799, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Miaojie Yu, 2010. "Processing Trade, Firms Productivity, and Tariff Reductions : Evidence from Chinese Products," Trade Working Papers 22873, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Beatriz de Blas & Katheryn Russ, 2010. "Understanding Markups in the Open Economy under Bertrand Competition," NBER Working Papers 16587, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Levinsohn & Amil Petrin, 2003. "Estimating Production Functions Using Inputs to Control for Unobservables," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(2), pages 317-341.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haichao Fan & Edwin L.-C. Lai & Han Steffan Qi, 2016. "Imported-input Trade Liberalization and Firms' Export Performance in China: Theory and Evidence," CESifo Working Paper Series 5828, CESifo Group Munich.
- Chunming Zhao & Qun Zhang, 2016. "Input Trade Liberalization and Export Product Scope: Evidence from China," Business and Economic Research, Macrothink Institute, vol. 6(2), pages 118-132, December.
- Adriana Peluffo & Juan Ignacio Scasso, 2016. "Destination and source countries: Do they have a role on product quality?," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 16-10, Instituto de Economía - IECON.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade liberalization; Input tariff; Markup; Marginal cost; Ordinary trade; Processing trade; Output tariff;
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-05-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2015-05-16 (Business Economics)
- NEP-INT-2015-05-16 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hku:wpaper:201526. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carla Chan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ieusthk.html .