Failure vs. Displacement: Why An Innovative Anti-Poverty Program Showed No Net Impact
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Morduch, Jonathan & Ravi, Shamika & Bauchet, Jonathan, 2012. "Failure vs. Displacement: Why an Innovative Anti-Poverty Program Showed No Net Impact," CEI Working Paper Series 2012-05, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Oriana Bandiera & Robin Burgess & Narayan Das & Selim Gulesci & Imran Rasul & Munshi Sulaiman, 2013.
"Can Basic Entrepreneurship Transform the Economic Lives of the Poor?,"
STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series
043, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Bandiera, Oriana & Das, Narayan & Burgess, Robin & Gulesci, Selim & Sulaiman, Munshi & Rasul, Imran, 2013. "Can basic entrepreneurship transform the economic lives of the poor?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 58032, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bandiera, Oriana & Burgess, Robin & Das, Narayan & Gulesci, Selim & Rasul, Imran & Sulaiman, Munshi, 2013. "Can Basic Entrepreneurship Transform the Economic Lives of the Poor?," IZA Discussion Papers 7386, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:cep:stieop:43 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hunt Allcott, 2012. "Site Selection Bias in Program Evaluation," NBER Working Papers 18373, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mallick, Debdulal, 2009. "How effective is a Big Push to the Small? Evidence from a Quasi-random Experiment," MPRA Paper 22824, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jishnu Das & Stefan Dercon & James Habyarimana & Pramila Krishnan & Karthik Muralidharan & Venkatesh Sundararaman, 2013.
"School Inputs, Household Substitution, and Test Scores,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 5(2), pages 29-57, April.
- Jishnu Das & Stefan Dercon & James Habyarimana & Pramila Krishnan & Karthik Muralidharan & Venkatesh Sundararaman, 2011. "School Inputs, Household Substitution, and Test Scores," NBER Working Papers 16830, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Das, Jishnu & Dercon, Stefan & Habyarimana, James & Krishnan, Pramila & Muralidharan, Karthik & Sundararaman, Venkatesh, 2011. "School inputs, household substitution, and test scores," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5629, The World Bank.
- M. Shahe Emran & Stephen C. Smith & Virginia Robano, 2009. "Assessing the Frontiers of Ultra-Poverty Reduction: Evidence from CFPR/TUP, an Innovative Program in Bangladesh," Working Papers 2009-06, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francisco J. Buera & Joseph P. Kaboski & Yongseok Shin, 2014. "Macro-perspective on Asset Grants Programs: Occupational and Wealth Mobility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(5), pages 159-164, May.
- Buvinic, Mayra & Furst-Nichols, Rebecca, 2014. "Promoting women's economic empowerment : what works ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7087, The World Bank.
- Argent, Jonathan & Augsburg, Britta & Rasul, Imran, 2014.
"Livestock asset transfers with and without training: Evidence from Rwanda,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 19-39.
- Jonathan Argent & Britta Augsburg & Imran Rasul, 2013. "Livestock asset transfers with and without training: evidence from Rwanda," IFS Working Papers W13/23, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Ghosal, Sayantan & Jana, Smarajit & Mani, Anandi & Mitra, Sandip & Roy, Sanchari, 2016. "Sex Workers, Self-Image and Stigma: Evidence from Kolkata Brothels," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 302, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
More about this item
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- J2 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor
- J4 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-02-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2013-02-03 (Development)
- NEP-MFD-2013-02-03 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:primdp:32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Resources Section, Hitotsubashi University Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehitjp.html .