The Viability of a Voting System that Allocates Parliamentary Seats According to Life Expectancy: An analysis using OLG models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- D'Amato, Marcello & Galasso, Vincenzo, 2010.
"Political intergenerational risk sharing,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 628-637.
- Marcello D’Amato & Vincenzo Galasso, 2008. "Political Intergenerational Risk Sharing," Working Papers 342, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Marcello D'Amato & Vincenzo Galasso, 2009. "Political Intergenerational Risk Sharing," CSEF Working Papers 216, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- D'Amato, Marcello & Galasso, Vincenzo, 2008. "Political Intergenerational Risk Sharing," CEPR Discussion Papers 6972, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ihori, Toshihiro & Itaya, Jun-ichi, 2001.
"A dynamic model of fiscal reconstruction,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 779-797, November.
- Ihori, Toshihiro & Itaya, Jun-ichi, 1997. "A Dynamic Model of Fiscal Reconstruction," ビジネス創造センターディスカッション・ペーパー (Discussion papers of the Center for Business Creation) 10252/4227, Otaru University of Commerce.
- Ihori, Toshihiro & Jun-ichi Itaya, 1997. "A Dynamic Model of Fiscal Reconstruction," CIRJE F-Series 97-F-15, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Shi, Min & Svensson, Jakob, 2006. "Political budget cycles: Do they differ across countries and why?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(8-9), pages 1367-1389, September.
- Crain, W. Mark & Tollison, Robert D., 1993. "Time inconsistency and fiscal policy : Empirical analysis of U.S. States, 1969-89," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 153-159, June.
- Breyer, Friedrich & Craig, Ben, 1997.
"Voting on social security: Evidence from OECD countries,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, pages 705-724.
- Friedrich Breyer & Ben R. Craig, 1995. "Voting on social security: evidence from OECD countries," Working Paper 9511, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Martial Foucault & Thierry Madies & Sonia Paty, 2008.
"Public spending interactions and local politics. Empirical evidence from French municipalities,"
Springer, vol. 137(1), pages 57-80, October.
- Sonia Paty & Martial Foucault & Thierry Madiès, 2008. "Public spending interactions and local politics: Empirical evidence from french municipalities," Post-Print halshs-00418871, HAL.
- Martial Foucault & Thierry Madies & Sonia Paty, 2008. "Public Spending Interactions and Local Politics. Empirical Evidence from French Municipalities," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00339812, HAL.
- Tabellini, Guido & Alesina, Alberto, 1990.
"Voting on the Budget Deficit,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 37-49, March.
- Guido Tabellini & Alberto Alesina, 1988. "Voting on the Budget Deficit," UCLA Economics Working Papers 539, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Alberto Alesina & Guido Tabellini, 1988. "Voting on the Budget Deficit," NBER Working Papers 2759, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alesina, Alberto F & Tabellini, Guido, 1988. "Voting on the Budget Deficit," CEPR Discussion Papers 269, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tabellini, Guido & Alesina, Alberto, 1990. "Voting on the Budget Deficit," Scholarly Articles 4553030, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Ronald Kneebone & Kenneth McKenzie, 2001.
"Electoral and Partisan Cycles in Fiscal Policy: An Examination of Canadian Provinces,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 8(5), pages 753-774, November.
- Kneebone, R.D. & McKenzie, K.J., 1998. "Electoral and Partisan Cycles in Fiscal Policy: an Examination of Canadian Provinces," Papers 98-06, Calgary - Department of Economics.
- Rogoff, Kenneth, 1990. "Equilibrium Political Budget Cycles," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 21-36, March.
- Alesina, Alberto Francesco & Perotti, Roberto & Tavares, Jose, 1998. "The Political Economy of Fiscal Adjustments," Scholarly Articles 12553724, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alberto Alesina & Roberto Perotti & José Tavares, 1998. "The Political Economy of Fiscal Adjustments," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(1), pages 197-266.
- Makoto Hirazawa & Koji Kitaura & Akira Yakita, 2010. "Aging, fertility, social security and political equilibrium," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 23(2), pages 559-569, March.
- Alesina, Alberto & Drazen, Allan, 1991. "Why Are Stabilizations Delayed?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1170-1188, December.
- Oguro, Kazumasa & Shimasawa, Manabu & Aoki, Reiko & Oshio, Takashi, 2010. "Demographic Change, Intergenerational Altruism, and Fiscal Policy : A Political Economy Approach," PIE/CIS Discussion Paper 493, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shimasawa, Manabu & Oguro, Kazumasa & Toyoda, Nao, 2014. "Does Japan have a Gray Democracy? An empirical analysis of prefectural data," CIS Discussion paper series 615, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic investment; Public pension; OLG model; Generational-based constituency bloc; Demeny voting system; Life expectancy;
- D90 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - General
- H50 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - General
- H60 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - General
- J18 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Public Policy
- O20 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2012-10-27 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2012-10-27 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-DEM-2012-10-27 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-DGE-2012-10-27 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-POL-2012-10-27 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:cisdps:571. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Resources Section, Hitotsubashi University Library) or (Victoria Elkina). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cihitjp.html .