Informal loans in Russia: credit rationing or borrower’s choice?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David Godsted & John A. Tatom, 2006.
"Targeting the Unbanked – Financial Literacy’s Magic Bullet?,"
2006-NFI-02, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Tatom, Jojn & Godsted, David, 2006. "Targeting the unbanked-financial literacy's magic bullet?," MPRA Paper 4266, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Vojislav Maksimovic, 2004.
"Bank competition and access to finance: international evidence,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 627-654.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 2004. "Bank Competition and Access to Finance: International Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 627-648, June.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad, 2007.
"Reaching out: Access to and use of banking services across countries,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 234-266, July.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad, 2005. "Reaching out : access to and use of banking services across countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3754, The World Bank.
- Klapper, Leora & Lusardi, Annamaria & Panos, Georgios A., 2012. "Financial literacy and the financial crisis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5980, The World Bank.
- Samuel Lee & Petra Persson, 2016. "Financing from Family and Friends," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 29(9), pages 2341-2386.
- Semenova, Maria, 2011. "Save or borrow : what determines Russian households' financial strategies?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 28/2011, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Zeller, Manfred, 1994. "Determinants of credit rationing: A study of informal lenders and formal credit groups in Madagascar," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(12), pages 1895-1907, December.
- D. Strebkov, 2005. "Household Borrowing Behavior in Russia," Problems of Economic Transition, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(5), pages 22-48.
- Silvia Magri, 2002. "Italian households' debt: determinants of demand and supply," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 454, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Silvia Magri & Raffaella Pico & Cristiana Rampazzi, 2011. "Which households use consumer credit in Europe?," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 100, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Degryse, Hans & Lu, Liping & Ongena, Steven, 2016. "Informal or formal financing? Evidence on the co-funding of Chinese firms," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 31-50.
More about this item
Keywordshousehold; consumer loans; informal loans; Russia;
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- P2 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-12-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2013-12-06 (Banking)
- NEP-CIS-2013-12-06 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-IUE-2013-12-06 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2013-12-06 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-TRA-2013-12-06 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hig:wpaper:14/fe/2013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamil Abdulaev) or (Victoria Elkina). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hsecoru.html .