Informal loans in Russia: credit rationing or borrower’s choice?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David Godsted & John A. Tatom, 2006.
"Targeting the Unbanked – Financial Literacy’s Magic Bullet?,"
2006-NFI-02, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Tatom, Jojn & Godsted, David, 2006. "Targeting the unbanked-financial literacy's magic bullet?," MPRA Paper 4266, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 2004.
"Bank Competition and Access to Finance: International Evidence,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 627-648, June.
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Vojislav Maksimovic, 2004. "Bank competition and access to finance: international evidence," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 627-654.
- Leora F. Klapper & Annamaria Lusardi & Georgios A. Panos, 2012. "Financial Literacy and the Financial Crisis," NBER Working Papers 17930, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad, 2007.
"Reaching out: Access to and use of banking services across countries,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 234-266, July.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad, 2005. "Reaching out : access to and use of banking services across countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3754, The World Bank.
- Samuel Lee & Petra Persson, 2016. "Financing from Family and Friends," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 29(9), pages 2341-2386.
- Semenova, Maria, 2011. "Save or borrow : what determines Russian households' financial strategies?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 28/2011, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Zeller, Manfred, 1994. "Determinants of credit rationing: A study of informal lenders and formal credit groups in Madagascar," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(12), pages 1895-1907, December.
- D. Strebkov, 2005. "Household Borrowing Behavior in Russia," Problems of Economic Transition, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(5), pages 22-48.
- Silvia Magri, 2002. "Italian households' debt: determinants of demand and supply," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 454, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Silvia Magri & Raffaella Pico & Cristiana Rampazzi, 2011. "Which households use consumer credit in Europe?," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 100, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Degryse, Hans & Lu, Liping & Ongena, Steven, 2016. "Informal or formal financing? Evidence on the co-funding of Chinese firms," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 31-50.
More about this item
Keywordshousehold; consumer loans; informal loans; Russia;
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- P2 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-12-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2013-12-06 (Banking)
- NEP-CIS-2013-12-06 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-IUE-2013-12-06 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2013-12-06 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-TRA-2013-12-06 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hig:wpaper:14/fe/2013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamil Abdulaev) or (Victoria Elkina). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hsecoru.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.