Innovation processes in the Russian manufacturing subsidiaries of MNCs – an integrated view from case studies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alan M. Rugman & Alain Verbeke, 2001. "Subsidiary‐specific advantages in multinational enterprises," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 237-250, March.
- Patibandla, Murali & Petersen, Bent, 2002. "Role of Transnational Corporations in the Evolution of a High-Tech Industry: The Case of India's Software Industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1561-1577, September.
- Gurkov, Igor, 2013. "Why some Russian industrial companies innovate regularly: Determinants of firms’ decisions to innovate and associated routines," Journal of East European Management Studies, Rainer Hampp Verlag, vol. 18(1), pages 66-96.
- Anupama Phene & Paul Almeida, 2008. "Innovation in multinational subsidiaries: The role of knowledge assimilation and subsidiary capabilities," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(5), pages 901-919, July.
- Paul Almeida & Anupama Phene, 2004. "Subsidiaries and knowledge creation: the influence of the MNC and host country on innovation," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(8‐9), pages 847-864, August.
- Alexey Prazdnichnykh & Kari Liuhto, 2010. "The Russian enterprise directors’ perceptions on the innovation activity of their company: A briefing of the empirical results," Journal of East European Management Studies, Rainer Hampp Verlag, vol. 15(4), pages 361-369.
- Yun-Chung Chen, 2008. "Why Do Multinational Corporations Locate Their Advanced R&D Centres in Beijing?," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(5), pages 622-644.
- Reimann, Felix & Ehrgott, Matthias & Kaufmann, Lutz & Carter, Craig R., 2012. "Local stakeholders and local legitimacy: MNEs' social strategies in emerging economies," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-17.
- Paulo N. Figueiredo, 2011. "The Role of Dual Embeddedness in the Innovative Performance of MNE Subsidiaries: Evidence from Brazil," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(2), pages 417-440, March.
- Kuemmerle, Walter, 1999. "Foreign direct investment in industrial research in the pharmaceutical and electronics industries--results from a survey of multinational firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 179-193, March.
- Martin Johanson & Jan Johanson, 2006. "Turbulence, discovery and foreign market entry: A longitudinal study of an entry into the Russian market," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 179-205, March.
- Ram Mudambi & Pietro Navarra, 2004. "Is knowledge power? Knowledge flows, subsidiary power and rent-seeking within MNCs," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(5), pages 385-406, September.
- Victoria Golikova & Paeivi Karhunen & Riitta Kosonen, 2011. "Subsidiary evolution in a transition economy: Kemira GrowHow in the Russian fertilizer market," Journal of East European Management Studies, Rainer Hampp Verlag, vol. 16(1), pages 9-30.
- Igor Gurkov, 2006. "Innovative Actions and Innovation (In)capabilities of Russian Industrial Companies — An Extension of a Quasi-longitudinal Study," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 297-313.
- Dellestrand, Henrik & Kappen, Philip, 2011. "Headquarters Allocation of Resources to Innovation Transfer Projects within the Multinational Enterprise," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 263-277.
- Boddewyn, Jean J., 1999. "The domain of international management," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 3-14.
- Birkinshaw, Julian & Ridderstråle, Jonas, 1999. "Fighting the corporate immune system: a process study of subsidiary initiatives in multinational corporations," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 149-180, April.
- Engelen, Andreas & Brettel, Malte & Wiest, Gregor, 2012. "Cross-functional Integration and New Product Performance — The Impact of National and Corporate Culture," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 52-65.
- Boehe, Dirk Michael, 2007. "Product development in MNC subsidiaries: Local linkages and global interdependencies," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 488-512, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Igor Gurkov, 2015. "Russian Manufacturing Subsidiaries of Western Multinational Corporations: Support from Parents and Cooperation with Sister-Subsidiaries," HSE Working papers WP BRP 37/MAN/2015, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Igor B. Gurkov, 2014. "Human Resource Management In Russian Manufacturing Subsidiaries Of Multinational Corporations," HSE Working papers WP BRP 28/MAN/2014, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsInnovation; Subsidiaries; Russia; Manufacturing; MNCs; Technologies.;
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- M11 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Production Management
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CIS-2013-11-29 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-CSE-2013-11-29 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-CWA-2013-11-29 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-INO-2013-11-29 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2013-11-29 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-TRA-2013-11-29 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hig:wpaper:11man2013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamil Abdulaev) or (Shamil Abdulaev). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hsecoru.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.