The Gate is Open: Primary Care Physicians as Social Security Gatekeepers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chalkley, Martin & Malcomson, James M., 1998.
"Contracting for health services when patient demand does not reflect quality,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Chalkley, M. & Malcomson, J.M., 1995. "Contracting for health services when patient demand does not reflect quality," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9514, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Ayres, Philip J., 1996. "Rationing health care: Views from general practice," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 42(7), pages 1021-1025, April.
- Ose, Solveig Osborg, 2005. "Working conditions, compensation and absenteeism," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 161-188, January.
- Rochaix, Lise, 1989. "Information asymmetry and search in the market for physicians' services," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 53-84, March.
- De Jaegher, Kris & Jegers, Marc, 2000. "A model of physician behaviour with demand inducement," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 231-258, March.
- Dranove, David, 1988. "Demand Inducement and the Physician/Patient Relationship," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(2), pages 281-298, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jhecon:v:55:y:2017:i:c:p:244-261 is not listed on IDEAS
- Torsvik, Gaute & Vaage, Kjell, 2014.
"Gatekeeping versus monitoring: Evidence from a case with extended self-reporting of sickness absence,"
Working Papers in Economics
08/14, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Gaute Torsvik & Kjell Vaage, 2014. "Gatekeeping versus Monitoring: Evidence from a Case with Extended Self-Reporting of Sickness Absence," CESifo Working Paper Series 5113, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kann, Inger Cathrine & Biørn, Erik & Lurås, Hilde, 2010. "Competition in general practice: Prescriptions to the elderly in a list patient system," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 751-764, September.
- Harald Dale-Olsen, 2014. "Sickness Absence, Sick Leave Pay, and Pay Schemes," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 28(1), pages 40-63, March.
- Bryson, Alex & Dale-Olsen, Harald, 2017. "Does Sick Pay Affect Workplace Absence?," IZA Discussion Papers 11222, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Markussen, Simen & Røed, Knut, 2017. "The market for paid sick leave," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 244-261.
- Markussen, Simen, 2009. "Closing the Gates? Evidence from a Natural Experiment on Physicians' Sickness Certification," Memorandum 19/2009, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Markussen, Simen, 2009. "The Effects of Sick-Leaves on Earnings," Memorandum 20/2009, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Baert, Stijn & van der Klaauw, Bas & van Lomwel, Gijsbert, 2016. "The Effectiveness of Medical and Vocational Interventions for Reducing Sick Leave of Self-Employed Workers," IZA Discussion Papers 9692, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsSicklisting; subjective diagnoses; asymmetric information; focus group interviews.;
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- H42 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Publicly Provided Private Goods
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-09-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2009-09-11 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-HEA-2009-09-11 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:osloec:2009_007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mari Strønstad Øverås). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/souiono.html .