An analytical model of required returns to equity under taxation with imperfect loss offset
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lund, Diderik, 2006. "Valuation, leverage and the cost of capital in the case of depreciable assets," Working Papers 03-2003, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Green, Richard C & Talmor, Eli, 1985. "The Structure and Incentive Effects of Corporate Tax Liabilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1095-1114, September.
- Benninga, Simon & Sarig, Oded, 2003. "Risk, returns, and values in the presence of differential taxation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1123-1138, June.
- Lund,D., 2001. "Taxation, uncertainty, and the cost of equity for a multinational firm," Memorandum 13/2001, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Diderik Lund, 2002. "Petroleum Tax Reform Proposals in Norway and Denmark," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 37-56.
- Ray Ball & John Bowers, 1983. "Distortions Created by Taxes Which are Options on Value Creation: The Australian Resources Rent Tax Proposal," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 8(2), pages 1-14, December.
- Lund, Diderik, 2005.
"How to analyze the investment-uncertainty relationship in real option models?,"
Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3-4), pages 311-322.
- Diderik Lund, 2005. "How to analyze the investment–uncertainty relationship in real option models?," Review of Financial Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 14(3-4), pages 311-322.
- Diderik Lund, 2003. "How to analyze the investment–uncertainty relationship in real option models?," EPRU Working Paper Series 03-17, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Bulow, Jeremy I & Summers, Lawrence H, 1984. "The Taxation of Risky Assets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(1), pages 20-39, February.
- Levy, Haim & Arditti, Fred D, 1973. "Valuation, Leverage, and the Cost of Capital in the Case of Depreciable Assets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 28(3), pages 687-693, June.
- Shanker, Latha, 2000. "An innovative analysis of taxes and corporate hedging," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(3-4), pages 237-255, December.
- Avinash K. Dixit & Robert S. Pindyck, 1994. "Investment under Uncertainty," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 5474, October.
- Bonds, Stephen R. & Devereux, Michael P., 1995.
"On the design of a neutral business tax under uncertainty,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 57-71, September.
- Stephen Bond & Michael Devereux, 1993. "On the design of a neutral business tax under uncertainty," IFS Working Papers W93/01, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
- Robert McDonald & Daniel Siegel, 1986. "The Value of Waiting to Invest," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(4), pages 707-727.
- Gordon A. Sick, 1990. "Tax-Adjusted Discount Rates," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(12), pages 1432-1450, December.
- Lund, Diderik, 2006. "Taxation and systematic risk under decreasing returns to scale," Working Papers 02-2003, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Diderik Lund, 2002. "Taxation, Uncertainty, and the Cost of Equity," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 9(4), pages 483-503, August.
- McDonald, Robert & Siegel, Daniel, 1984. "Option Pricing When the Underlying Asset Earns a Below-Equilibrium Rate of Return: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(1), pages 261-265, March.
- Fane, G., 1987. "Neutral taxation under uncertainty," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 95-105, June.
- Hall, Robert E & Jorgenson, Dale W, 1969. "Tax Policy and Investment Behavior: Reply and Further Results," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(3), pages 388-401, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lund, Diderik, 2009. "Marginal versus Average Beta of Equity under Corporate Taxation," Memorandum 12/2009, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsCorporate tax; depreciation; imperfect loss offset; cost of capital; uncertainty;
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- G31 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Capital Budgeting; Fixed Investment and Inventory Studies
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-PBE-2005-05-23 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:osloec:2005_013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mari Strønstad Øverås). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/souiono.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.