How Flexible are the Inflation Targets? A Bayesian MCMC Estimator of the Long Memory Parameter in a State Space Model
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sowell, Fallaw, 1992. "Maximum likelihood estimation of stationary univariate fractionally integrated time series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 165-188.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1980. "Long memory relationships and the aggregation of dynamic models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 227-238, October.
- Fredrik Andersson, 2014. "Exchange rates dynamics revisited: a panel data test of the fractional integration order," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 389-409, September.
- Koop, Gary & Ley, Eduardo & Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F. J., 1997.
"Bayesian analysis of long memory and persistence using ARFIMA models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 76(1-2), pages 149-169.
- KOOP , Gary & LEY , Eduardo & OSIEWALSKI , Jacek & STEEL , Mark, 1995. "Bayesian Analysis of Long Memory and Persistence using ARFIMA Models," CORE Discussion Papers 1995035, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Gary Koop, 1995. "Bayesian Analysis of Long Memory and Persistence using ARFIMA Models," Working Papers gkoop-95-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Koop, G. & Ley, E. & Osiewalski, J. & Steel, M. F. J., 1997. "Bayesian analysis of long memory and persistence using ARFIMA models," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1246, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Gary Koop & Eduardo Ley & Jacek Osiewalski & Mark F.J. Steel, 1995. "Bayesian Analysis of Long Memory and Persistence using ARFIMA Models," Econometrics 9505001, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 Jun 2004.
- Durbin, James & Koopman, Siem Jan, 2012.
"Time Series Analysis by State Space Methods,"
Oxford University Press,
edition 2, number 9780199641178.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "SEASONALDLM: RATS procedure to create the matrices for the seasonal component of a DLM," Statistical Software Components RTS00251, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Grassi, Stefano & Santucci de Magistris, Paolo, 2014.
"When long memory meets the Kalman filter: A comparative study,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 301-319.
- Stefano Grassi & Paolo Santucci de Magistris, 2011. "When Long Memory Meets the Kalman Filter: A Comparative Study," CREATES Research Papers 2011-14, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Shimotsu, Katsumi, 2010.
"Exact Local Whittle Estimation Of Fractional Integration With Unknown Mean And Time Trend,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(02), pages 501-540, April.
- Katsumi Shimotsu, 2006. "Exact Local Whittle Estimation of Fractional Integration with Unknown Mean and Time Trend," Working Papers 1061, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Mark J. Jensen, 2004. "Semiparametric Bayesian Inference of Long-Memory Stochastic Volatility Models," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(6), pages 895-922, November.
- Coleman, Simeon & Sirichand, Kavita, 2012.
"Fractional integration and the volatility of UK interest rates,"
Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 381-384.
- Simeon Coleman & Kavita Sirichand, 2011. "Fractional integration and the volatility of UK interest rates," Discussion Papers in Economics 11/29, Department of Economics, University of Leicester, revised May 2011.
- Simeon Coleman and Kavita Sirichand, 2011. "Fractional integration and the volatility of UK interest rates," Working Papers 2011/02, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham Business School, Economics Division.
More about this item
Keywordsfractional integration; inflation-targeting; state space model;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-12-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2013-12-06 (Central Banking)
- NEP-ECM-2013-12-06 (Econometrics)
- NEP-MAC-2013-12-06 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2013-12-06 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-ORE-2013-12-06 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:lunewp:2013_038. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Edgerton). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/delunse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.