Why a positive link between age and income-related health inequality?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ulf-G. Gerdtham & Magnus Johannesson, 2004. "Absolute Income, Relative Income, Income Inequality, and Mortality," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(1).
- van Kippersluis, Hans & O'Donnell, Owen & van Doorslaer, Eddy & Van Ourti, Tom, 2010.
"Socioeconomic differences in health over the life cycle in an Egalitarian country,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 428-438, February.
- Hans van Kippersluis & Owen O'Donnell & Eddy van Doorslaer & Tom Van Ourti, 2009. "Socioeconomic Differences in Health over the Life Cycle in an Egalitarian Country," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-006/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Anders Bohlmark & Matthew J. Lindquist, 2006. "Life-Cycle Variations in the Association between Current and Lifetime Income: Replication and Extension for Sweden," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(4), pages 879-900, October.
- Eddy van Doorslaer & Xander Koolman, 2004. "Explaining the differences in income-related health inequalities across European countries," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(7), pages 609-628.
- Kristina Burström & Magnus Johannesson & Finn Diderichsen, 2003. "The value of the change in health in Sweden 1980|81 to 1996|97," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(8), pages 637-654.
- Ulf- G. Gerdtham, 1997.
"Equity in Health Care Utilization: Further Tests Based on Hurdle Models and Swedish Micro Data,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(3), pages 303-319.
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G., 1996. "Equity in Health Care Utilisation: Further Tests Based on Hurdle models and Swedish Micro Data," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 116, Stockholm School of Economics.
- van Doorslaer, Eddy & Wagstaff, Adam & Bleichrodt, Han & Calonge, Samuel & Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Gerfin, Michael & Geurts, Jose & Gross, Lorna & Hakkinen, Unto & Leu, Robert E., 1997. "Income-related inequalities in health: some international comparisons," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 93-112, February.
- Kristina Burström & Magnus Johannesson & Finn Diderichsen, 2005. "Increasing socio-economic inequalities in life expectancy and QALYs in Sweden 1980-1997," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(8), pages 831-850.
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Johannesson, Magnus, 2000.
"Income-related inequality in life-years and quality-adjusted life-years,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 1007-1026, November.
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Johannesson, Magnus, 1999. "Income-Related Inequality in Life-Years and Quality-Adjusted Life-Years," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 334, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G & Johannesson, Magnus, 2002. "Do Life-Saving Regulations Save Lives?," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 231-249, May.
- Ulf-G. Gerdtham & Pravin K. Trivedi, 2001.
"Equity in Swedish health care reconsidered: new results based on the finite mixture model,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(6), pages 565-572.
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Trivedi, Pravin K., 2000. "Equity in Swedish Health Care Reconsidered: New Results based on the Finite Mixture Model," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 365, Stockholm School of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nordin, Martin & Dackehag, Margareta & Gerdtham, Ulf-G., 2013. "Socioeconomic inequalities in drug utilization for Sweden: Evidence from linked survey and register data," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 106-117.
More about this item
Keywordshealth inequality; socioeconomic status; income; education;
- D30 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - General
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2010-10-09 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2010-10-09 (Health Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2010-10-09 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:lunewp:2010_012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Edgerton). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/delunse.html .