Prices and Pareto Optima
We provide necessary conditions for Pareto optimum in economies where tastes or technologies may be nonconvex, nonsmooth, and affected by externalities. Firms can pursue own objectives, much like the consumers. Infinite-dimensional commodity spaces are accommodated. Public goods and material balances are accounted for as special instances of linear restrictions.
|Date of creation:||06 Mar 2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics, School of Economics and Management, Lund University, Box 7082, S-220 07 Lund,Sweden|
Phone: +46 +46 222 0000
Fax: +46 +46 2224613
Web page: http://www.nek.lu.se/en
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Evstigneev, I.V. & Flam, S.D., 2000. "Sharing Nonconvex Costs," Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen 1300, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- Bonnisseau, Jean-Marc & Cornet, Bernard, 1988.
"Valuation equilibrium and pareto optimum in non-convex economies,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 293-308, April.
- BONNISSEAU, Jean-Marc & CORNET, Bernard, "undated". "Valuation equilibrium and Pareto optimum in non-convex economies," CORE Discussion Papers RP 817, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bonnisseau, J.-M. & Cornet, B., 1986. "Valuation equilibrium and Pareto optimum in nonconvex economies," CORE Discussion Papers 1986036, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Bernard Cornet, 1988. "Valuation equilibrium and pareto optimum in non-convex economies," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00187225, HAL.
- Flam, S. D. & Jourani, A., 2003. "Strategic behavior and partial cost sharing," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 44-56, April.
- Foley, Duncan K, 1970. "Lindahl's Solution and the Core of an Economy with Public Goods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 38(1), pages 66-72, January.
- D. K. Foley, 1967. "Lindahl's Solution and the Core of an Economy with Public Goods," Working papers 3, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- M. Ali Khan & Rajiv Vohra, 1987. "An Extension of the Second Welfare Theorem to Economies with Nonconvexities and Public Goods," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 102(2), pages 223-241.
- CORNET, Bernard, 1988. "Marginal cost pricing and Pareto optimality," CORE Discussion Papers 1988037, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Guesnerie, Roger, 1975. "Pareto Optimality in Non-Convex Economies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(1), pages 1-29, January.
- Flam, Sjur & Owen, Guillermo & Saboya, Martha, 2005. "The not-quite non-atomic game: Non-emptiness of the core in large production games," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 279-297, November. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:lunewp:2006_006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Edgerton)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.