The Innovation Union Scoreboard is Flawed: The case of Sweden – not being the innovation leader of the EU
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Edurne Magro & Mikel Navarro & Jon Mikel Zabala-Iturriagagoitia, 2014. "Coordination-Mix: The Hidden Face of STI Policy," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 31(5), pages 367-389, September.
- Olof Ejermo & Astrid Kander, 2011. "Swedish business research productivity," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(4), pages 1081-1118, August.
- Grupp, Hariolf & Mogee, Mary Ellen, 2004. "Indicators for national science and technology policy: how robust are composite indicators?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1373-1384, November.
- Audretsch, David B., 2009. "Emergence of the entrepreneurial society," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 505-511, September.
- David Audretsch, 2009. "The entrepreneurial society," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 245-254, June.
- Rinaldo Evangelista & Tore Sandven & Giorgio Sirilli & Keith Smith, 1998. "Measuring Innovation in European Industry," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 311-333.
- Dominique Foray & Hugo Hollanders, 2015. "An assessment of the Innovation Union Scoreboard as a tool to analyse national innovation capacities: The case of Switzerland," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(2), pages 213-228.
- Ejermo, Olof & Kander, Astrid & Svensson Henning, Martin, 2011. "The R&D-growth paradox arises in fast-growing sectors," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 664-672, June.
- Jacobsson, Staffan & Rickne, Annika, 2004. "How large is the Swedish 'academic' sector really?: A critical analysis of the use of science and technology indicators," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1355-1372, November.
- Jacques Mairesse & Pierre Mohnen, 2002. "Accounting for Innovation and Measuring Innovativeness: An Illustrative Framework and an Application," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 226-230, May.
- Heidenreich, Martin, 2009. "Innovation patterns and location of European low- and medium-technology industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 483-494, April.
- repec:spr:scient:v:70:y:2007:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-007-0106-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Charles Edquist, 2011.
"Design of innovation policy through diagnostic analysis: identification of systemic problems (or failures),"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 20(6), pages 1725-1753, December.
- Edquist, Charles, 2008. "Design of Innovation Policy through Diagnostic Analysis: Identification of Systemic Problems (or Failures)," Papers in Innovation Studies 2008/6, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Edquist , Charles, 2014. "Striving Towards a Holistic Innovation Policy in European Countries - But Linearity Still Prevails!," Papers in Innovation Studies 2014/22, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Mikel Navarro & Juan Jose Gibaja & Beñat Bilbao-Osorio & Ricardo Aguado, 2009.
"Patterns of innovation in EU-25 regions: a typology and policy recommendations,"
Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 27(5), pages 815-840, October.
- Mikel Navarro & Juan JosÃ© Gibaja & BeÃ±at Bilbao-Osorio & Ricardo Aguado, 2009. "Patterns of Innovation in EU-25 Regions: A Typology and Policy Recommendations," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 27(5), pages 815-840, October.
- Anders Granberg & Staffan Jacobsson, 2006. "Myths or reality - a scrutiny of dominant beliefs in the Swedish science policy debate," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(5), pages 321-340, June.
- Jon Zabala-Iturriagagoitia & Peter Voigt & Antonio Gutierrez-Gracia & Fernando Jimenez-Saez, 2007. "Regional Innovation Systems: How to Assess Performance," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(5), pages 661-672.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bal:journl:2256-0742:2017:3:5:51 is not listed on IDEAS
- Attila Havas, 2015. "Various approaches to measuring business innovation: their relevance for capturing social innovation," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1554, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- repec:wfo:wstudy:59303 is not listed on IDEAS
- Janger, Jürgen & Schubert, Torben & Andries, Petra & Rammer, Christian & Hoskens, Machteld, 2017.
"The EU 2020 innovation indicator: A step forward in measuring innovation outputs and outcomes?,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 30-42.
- Janger, Jürgen & Schubert, Torben & Andries, Petra & Rammer, Christian & Hoskens, Machteld, 2016. "The EU 2020 innovation indicator: A step forward in measuring innovation outputs and outcomes?," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-072, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Jürgen Janger & Torben Schubert & Petra Andries & Christian Rammer & Machteld Hoskens, 2016. "The EU 2020 Innovation Indicator. A Step Forward in Measuring Innovation Outputs and Outcomes?," WIFO Working Papers 529, WIFO.
- Attila Havas, 2016.
"Social and Business Innovations: Are Common Measurement Approaches Possible?,"
Foresight and STI Governance (Foresight-Russia till No. 3/2015),
National Research University Higher School of Economics, vol. 10(2), pages 58-80.
- Attila Havas, 2016. "Social and Business Innovations: Are Common Measurement Approaches Possible?," Foresight-Russia Форсайт, CyberLeninka;Федеральное государственное автономное образовательное учреждение высшего образования «Национальный исследовательский университет «Высшая школа экономики», vol. 10(2 (eng)), pages 58-80.
- repec:spr:jknowl:v:8:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s13132-016-0406-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Srholec Martin & Szkuta Katarzyna, 2016. "RIO Country Report 2015: Czech Republic," JRC Working Papers JRC101175, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- repec:wfo:wstudy:61111 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wfo:wstudy:58202 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsInnovation system; innovation policy; innovation performance; Sweden; indicators; input; output;
- O30 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- O38 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
- O49 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Other
- O52 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EEC-2015-05-16 (European Economics)
- NEP-EFF-2015-05-16 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-HME-2015-05-16 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-INO-2015-05-16 (Innovation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:lucirc:2015_016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Torben Schubert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/circlse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.