Measuring marginal values of noise disturbance from air traffic: Does the time of the day matter?
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Carlsson, Fredrik & Lampi, Elina & Martinsson, Peter, 2004. "Measuring marginal values of noise disturbance from air traffic: Does the time of the day matter?," Umeå Economic Studies 627, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kahneman, Daniel & Ritov, Ilana & Schkade, David A, 1999. "Economic Preferences or Attitude Expressions?: An Analysis of Dollar Responses to Public Issues," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 19(1-3), pages 203-235, December.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555, November.
- F Alpizar & F Carlsson & P Martinsson, 2003.
"Using Choice Experiments for Non-Market Valuation,"
Economic Issues Journal Articles,
Economic Issues, vol. 8(1), pages 83-110, March.
- Alpizar, Francisco & Carlsson, Fredrik & Martinsson, Peter, 2001. "Using Choice Experiments for Non-Market Valuation," Working Papers in Economics 52, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Peter Martinsson, 2002. "Using Choice Experiments for Non-Market Valuation," EEPSEA Special and Technical Paper sp200205t2, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised May 2002.
- W. Michael Hanemann, 1984. "Welfare Evaluations in Contingent Valuation Experiments with Discrete Responses," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(3), pages 332-341.
- Jesus Barreiro & Mercedes Sanchez & Montserrat Viladrich-Grau, 2005. "How much are people willing to pay for silence? A contingent valuation study," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(11), pages 1233-1246.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Knetsch, Jack L & Thaler, Richard H, 1990. "Experimental Tests of the Endowment Effect and the Coase Theorem," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(6), pages 1325-1348, December.
- Kenneth E. Train, 1998. "Recreation Demand Models with Taste Differences over People," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(2), pages 230-239.
- Horowitz, John K. & McConnell, Kenneth E., 2002. "A Review of WTA/WTP Studies," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 426-447, November.
- Jan G. De Gooijer & Kurt Brännäs, 2004.
"Asymmetries in conditional mean and variance: modelling stock returns by asMA-asQGARCH,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(3), pages 155-171.
- Brännäs, Kurt & de Gooijer, Jan G., 2000. "ASYMMETRIES IN CONDITIONAL MEAN AND VARIANCE: MODELLING STOCK RETURNS BY asMA-asQGARCH," Umeå Economic Studies 535, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Bernard M.S. van Praag & B.E. Baarsma, 2001. "The Shadow Price of Aircraft Noise Nuisance," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 01-010/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Louviere,Jordan J. & Hensher,David A. & Swait,Joffre D., 2000. "Stated Choice Methods," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521788304, December.
- Gerard J. Van Den Berg & Aïco Van Vuuren, 2002. "Using Firm Data to Assess the Performance of Equilibrium Search Models of the Labor Market," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, pages 227-256.
- Bengt Kriström, 1997. "Spike Models in Contingent Valuation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(3), pages 1013-1023.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Greaves, Stephen & Collins, Andrew, 2007. "Disaggregate spatio-temporal assessments of population exposure to aircraft noise," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, pages 338-347.
- Sotirios Thanos & Mark Wardman & Abigail Bristow, 2011. "Valuing Aircraft Noise: Stated Choice Experiments Reflecting Inter-Temporal Noise Changes from Airport Relocation," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, pages 559-583.
- Phun, Veng Kheang & Hirata, Terumitsu & Yai, Tetsuo, 2016. "Effects of noise information provision on aircraft noise tolerability: Results from an experimental study," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, pages 1-10.
- Andersson, Henrik & Ögren, Mikael, 2006. "Noise Charges in Railway Infrastructure: A Pricing Schedule Based on the Marginal Cost Principle," Working Papers 2006:4, Swedish National Road & Transport Research Institute (VTI).
- Andersson, Henrik & Ögren, Mikael, 2007. "Noise Charges in Road Traffic: A Pricing Schedule Based on the Marginal Cost Principle," Working Papers 2007:15, Swedish National Road & Transport Research Institute (VTI), revised 17 Jun 2009.
- Volker Nitsch, 2009. "Fly or Cry: Is Airport Noise Costly?," CESifo Working Paper Series 2732, CESifo Group Munich.
- Andersson, Henrik & Ögren, Mikael, 2007. "Noise charges in railway infrastructure: A pricing schedule based on the marginal cost principle," Transport Policy, Elsevier, pages 204-213.
- Abigail Bristow & Mark Wardman & V. Chintakayala, 2015. "International meta-analysis of stated preference studies of transportation noise nuisance," Transportation, Springer, pages 71-100.
More about this item
KeywordsChoice experiment; discrete choice; noise; airport;
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- Q51 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Valuation of Environmental Effects
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-02-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2004-02-23 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-RES-2004-02-23 (Resource Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:gunwpe:0125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie Andersson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/naiguse.html .