Crisis, Social Sector And Income Distribution In Some Southeast Asian Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Asher, Mukul G. & Karunarathne, Wasana, 2001. "Social Security arrangements in Singapore: An Assessment," Discussion Paper 9, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Pundarik Mukhopadhaya, 2001. "Distribution of Income and Expansion of Education in some East Asian Countries," Journal of Interdisciplinary Economics, , vol. 12(4), pages 327-357, July.
- Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & Harnvoravongchai, Piya & Pitayarangsarit, Siriwan & Kasemsup, Vijj, 2000. "Health impacts of rapid economic changes in Thailand," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 789-807, September.
- Islam, Iyanatul & Kirkpatrick, Colin, 1986. "Export-Led Development, Labour-Market Conditions and the Distribution of Income: The Case of Singapore," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 113-127, June.
- Suqit Wibulpolprasert & Paichit Pengpaiboon, 2001. "Economic Dynamics and Health: Lessons from Thailand," Development, Palgrave Macmillan;Society for International Deveopment, vol. 44(1), pages 99-107, March.
- Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & Supachutikul, Anuwat & Lertiendumrong, Jongkol, 1999. "The social security scheme in Thailand: what lessons can be drawn?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 48(7), pages 913-923, April.
- Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C. & Manasan, Rosario G. & de Guzman, Generoso & Reyes, Celia M., 1999. "Social Impact of the Regional Financial Crisis in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 1999-14, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsInequality; Gini; Social sector; Singapore; Thailand; Education; Health; Financial Crisis;
- D30 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - General
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-10-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-IFN-2002-10-23 (International Finance)
- NEP-SEA-2002-09-28 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:eijswp:0161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nanhee Lee). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eihhsse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.