Crisis, Social Sector And Income Distribution In Some Southeast Asian Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Asher, Mukul G. & Karunarathne, Wasana, 2001. "Social Security arrangements in Singapore: An Assessment," Discussion Paper 9, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Pundarik Mukhopadhaya, 2001. "Distribution of Income and Expansion of Education in some East Asian Countries," Journal of Interdisciplinary Economics, , vol. 12(4), pages 327-357, July.
- Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & Harnvoravongchai, Piya & Pitayarangsarit, Siriwan & Kasemsup, Vijj, 2000. "Health impacts of rapid economic changes in Thailand," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 789-807, September.
- Islam, Iyanatul & Kirkpatrick, Colin, 1986. "Export-Led Development, Labour-Market Conditions and the Distribution of Income: The Case of Singapore," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 113-127, June.
- Suqit Wibulpolprasert & Paichit Pengpaiboon, 2001. "Economic Dynamics and Health: Lessons from Thailand," Development, Palgrave Macmillan;Society for International Deveopment, vol. 44(1), pages 99-107, March.
- Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & Supachutikul, Anuwat & Lertiendumrong, Jongkol, 1999. "The social security scheme in Thailand: what lessons can be drawn?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 48(7), pages 913-923, April.
- Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C. & Manasan, Rosario G. & de Guzman, Generoso & Reyes, Celia M., 1999. "Social Impact of the Regional Financial Crisis in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 1999-14, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsInequality; Gini; Social sector; Singapore; Thailand; Education; Health; Financial Crisis;
- D30 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - General
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-10-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-IFN-2002-10-23 (International Finance)
- NEP-SEA-2002-09-28 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:eijswp:0161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nanhee Lee). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eihhsse.html .