Economic Factors Contributing to Time-Varying Conditional Correlations in Stock Returns
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- King, Mervyn A & Wadhwani, Sushil, 1990. "Transmission of Volatility between Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(1), pages 5-33.
- Kuper, Gerard H. & Lestano, 2007.
"Dynamic conditional correlation analysis of financial market interdependence: An application to Thailand and Indonesia,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 670-684, August.
- Kuper, Gerard H. & Lestano, 2006. "Dynamic conditional correlation analysis of financial market interdependence: An application to Thailand and Indonesia," CCSO Working Papers 200602, University of Groningen, CCSO Centre for Economic Research.
- Morris Goldstein, 1998.
"Asian Financial Crisis: Causes, Cures and Systemic Implications, The,"
Peterson Institute Press: All Books,
Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa55.
- Morris Goldstein, 1998. "Asian Financial Crisis: Causes, Cures and Systemic Implications, The," Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa55, October.
- Levy, Haim & Sarnat, Marshall, 1970. "International Diversification of Investment Portfolios," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(4), pages 668-675, September.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Sara Calvo, 1996.
"Capital Flows to Latin America: Is There Evidence of Contagion Effects?,"
Peterson Institute Press: Chapters,in: Guillermo A. Calvo & Morris Goldstein & Eduard Hochreiter (ed.), Private Capital Flows to Emerging Markets After the Mexican Crisis, pages 151-171
Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Calvo, Sara & Reinhart, Carmen, 1996. "Capital flows to Latin America : Is there evidence of contagion effects?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1619, The World Bank.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Sara, 1996. "Capital Flows to Latin America: Is There Evidence of Contagion Effects?”," MPRA Paper 7124, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Y. Liu & Ming-Shiun Pan & Joseph Shieh, 1998. "International transmission of stock price movements: Evidence from the U.S. and five Asian-Pacific markets," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 22(1), pages 59-69, March.
- Lin, Wen-Ling & Engle, Robert F & Ito, Takatoshi, 1994. "Do Bulls and Bears Move across Borders? International Transmission of Stock Returns and Volatility," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(3), pages 507-538.
- Engle, Robert, 2002. "Dynamic Conditional Correlation: A Simple Class of Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 339-350, July.
- Hamao, Yasushi & Masulis, Ronald W & Ng, Victor, 1990. "Correlations in Price Changes and Volatility across International Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(2), pages 281-307.
- Masih, Abul M. M. & Masih, Rumi, 1997. "Dynamic linkages and the propagation mechanism driving major international stock markets: An analysis of the pre- and post-crash eras," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 859-885.
- Pretorius, Elna, 2002. "Economic determinants of emerging stock market interdependence," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 84-105, March.
- Roll, Richard, 1992. " Industrial Structure and the Comparative Behavior of International Stock Market Indices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 3-41, March.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Fazio, Giorgio & Kumar, Manmohan & MacDonald, Ronald, 2003. "Fatal Attraction," CEPR Discussion Papers 3870, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sheng-Yung Yang, 2005. "A DCC analysis of international stock market correlations: the role of Japan on the Asian Four Tigers," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 89-93, March.
- Flavin, Thomas J & Hurley, Margaret J & Rousseau, Fabrice, 2002. "Explaining Stock Market Correlation: A Gravity Model Approach," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 70(0), pages 87-106, Supplemen.
More about this item
KeywordsConditional correlations; DCC;
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-02-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-IFN-2011-02-05 (International Finance)
- NEP-SEA-2011-02-05 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28391. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .