Exports and Olympic Games: Is there a Signal Effect?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Arne Feddersen & Wolfgang Maennig, 2005. "Trends in Competitive Balance: Is there Evidence for Growing Imbalance in Professional Sport Leagues?," Working Papers 0012005, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Wolfgang Maennig & Florian Schwarthoff, 2006.
"Stadium Architecture and regional economic development: International experience and the plans of Durban,"
200604, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Wolfgang Maennig & Florian Schwarthoff, 2008. "Stadium Architecture and Regional Economic Development: International Experience and the Plans of Durban," Working Papers 0816, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Arne Feddersen, 2006. "Economic Consequences of the UEFA Champions League for National Championships - The Case of Germany," Working Papers 0012006, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wolfgang Maennig, 2017. "Governance in Sports Organizations," Working Papers 060, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Wolfgang Maennig, 2017. "Public Referenda and Public Opinion on Olympic Games," Working Papers 057, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Shoag, Daniel & Veuger, Stan, 2017. "Taking My Talents to South Beach (and Back)," Working Paper Series rwp17-019, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Franziska K. Kruse & Wolfgang Maennig, 2018. "Suspension by choice – determinants and asymmetries," Working Papers 064, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Gabriel M. Ahlfeldt & Wolfgang Maennig & Felix J. Richter, 2017. "Zoning in reunified Berlin," Working Papers 059, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Robert A. Baade & Victor A. Matheson, 2016. "Going for the Gold: The Economics of the Olympics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 30(2), pages 201-218, Spring.
- Douglas Barrios & Stuart Russell & Matt Andrews, 2016. "Bringing Home the Gold? A Review of the Economic Impact of Hosting Mega-Events," CID Working Papers 320, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Koning Ruud H. & Maennig Wolfgang, 2012. "Guest Editorial," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 232(3), pages 204-209, June.
- Viktoria C. E. Langer & Wolfgang Maennig & Felix J. Richter, 2015. "News shocks in the data: Olympic Games and their macroeconomic effects – Reply," Working Papers 052, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Robert Baade & Victor Matheson, 2015. "An Analysis of Drivers of Mega-Events in Emerging Economies," Working Papers 1507, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- repec:sae:jospec:v:19:y:2018:i:6:p:884-906 is not listed on IDEAS
- Franziska K. Kruse & Wolfgang Maennig, 2017. "The future development of world records," Working Papers 061, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Omer Bayar & Georg Schaur, 2014. "The Impact of Visibility on Trade: Evidence from the World Cup," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(4), pages 759-782, September.
- Karl Brenke & Gert G. Wagner, 2014. "FIFA World Cup 2014: ein fragwürdiger Spaß für die Menschen in Brasilien," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 81(23), pages 511-521.
- Wolfgang Maennig, 2017. "Major Sports Events: Economic Impact," Working Papers 058, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Wolfgang Maennig & Christopher Vierhaus, 2016. "Which countries bid for the Olympic Games? Economic, political, and social factors and chances of winning," Working Papers 055, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
More about this item
KeywordsKeywords: export; Olympic Games; international trade; treatment; matching;
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-SPO-2011-10-09 (Sports & Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2011-10-09 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hce:wpaper:042. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wolfgang Maennig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ihhamde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.