Designing Online Marketplaces: Trust and Reputation Mechanisms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Weijia Dai & Ginger Z. Jin & Jungmin Lee & Michael Luca, 2012.
"Aggregation of Consumer Ratings: An Application to Yelp.com,"
NBER Working Papers
18567, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Weijia Dai & Ginger Jin & Jungmin Lee & Michael Luca, 2012. "Aggregation of Consumer Ratings: An Application to Yelp.com," Harvard Business School Working Papers 13-042, Harvard Business School, revised Nov 2017.
- Jennifer L. Doleac & Luke C.D. Stein, 2013.
"The Visible Hand: Race and Online Market Outcomes,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 123(11), pages 469-492, November.
- Jennifer L. Doleac & Luke C.D. Stein, 2010. "The Visible Hand: Race and Online Market Outcomes," Discussion Papers 09-015, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Jennifer L. Doleac & Luke C.D. Stein, 2011. "The Visible Hand: Race and Online Market Outcomes," Discussion Papers 10-025, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Dobrescu, Loretti I. & Luca, Michael & Motta, Alberto, 2013. "What makes a critic tick? Connected authors and the determinants of book reviews," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 85-103.
- Paul Resnick & Richard Zeckhauser & John Swanson & Kate Lockwood, 2006.
"The value of reputation on eBay: A controlled experiment,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 9(2), pages 79-101, June.
- Resnick, Paul & Zeckhauser, Richard & Swanson, John & Lockwood, Kate, 2003. "The Value of Reputation on eBay: A Controlled Experiment," Working Paper Series rwp03-007, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Charness, Gary & Haruvy, Ernan & Sonsino, Doron, 2007. "Social distance and reciprocity: An Internet experiment," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 88-103, May.
- Gary Bolton & Ben Greiner & Axel Ockenfels, 2013.
"Engineering Trust: Reciprocity in the Production of Reputation Information,"
INFORMS, vol. 59(2), pages 265-285, January.
- Gary E. Bolton & Ben Greiner & Axel Ockenfels, 2009. "Engineering Trust - Reciprocity in the Production of Reputation Information," Discussion Papers 2009-02, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Gary Bolton & Ben Greiner & Axel Ockenfels, 2009. "Engineering Trust - Reciprocity in the Production of Reputation Information," Working Paper Series in Economics 42, University of Cologne, Department of Economics, revised 22 Jan 2011.
- Jonathan V. Hall & Alan B. Krueger, 2015.
"An Analysis of the Labor Market for Uber's Driver-Partners in the United States,"
587, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Jonathan V. Hall & Alan B. Krueger, 2016. "An Analysis of the Labor Market for Uber’s Driver-Partners in the United States," NBER Working Papers 22843, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hoffman, Elizabeth & McCabe, Kevin & Smith, Vernon L, 1996. "Social Distance and Other-Regarding Behavior in Dictator Games," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 653-660, June.
- Devin G. Pope & Justin R. Sydnor, 2011. "What’s in a Picture?: Evidence of Discrimination from Prosper.com," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 46(1), pages 53-92.
- Ayres, Ian & Siegelman, Peter, 1995. "Race and Gender Discrimination in Bargaining for a New Car," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 304-321, June.
- Michael Luca & Georgios Zervas, 2013. "Fake It Till You Make It: Reputation, Competition, and Yelp Review Fraud," Harvard Business School Working Papers 14-006, Harvard Business School, revised May 2015.
- Fiona Morton & Florian Zettelmeyer & Jorge Silva-Risso, 2003. "Consumer Information and Discrimination: Does the Internet Affect the Pricing of New Cars to Women and Minorities?," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 65-92, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:aosoci:v:60:y:2017:i:c:p:79-95 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hbs:wpaper:17-017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Soebagio Notosoehardjo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/harbsus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.