Policy Mix Coherence: What Does it Mean for Monetary Policy in West Africa?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- René TAPSOBA & Jean-Louis COMBES & Nasser ARY TANIMOUNE, 2012. "Policy Mix Coherence: What Does it Mean for Monetary Policy in West Africa?," Working Papers 201213, CERDI.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nasser Ary Tanimoune & Patrick Plane, 2005. "Performance et convergence des politiques économiques en zone franc," Revue Française d'Économie, Programme National Persée, vol. 20(1), pages 235-268.
- Patrick PLANE & Nasser ARY TANIMOUNE, 2005.
"Performances et convergence des politiques économiques : La zone franc en Afrique de l’Ouest,"
- Nasser Ary Tanimoune & Patrick Plane, 2011. "Performances et convergence des politiques économiques : La zone franc en Afrique de l'Ouest," Working Papers halshs-00564684, HAL.
- Nasser ARY TANIMOUNE & Jean-Louis COMBES & Patrick PLANE, 2005. "Les effets non linéaires de la politique budgétaire : le cas de l’Union Economique et Monétaire Ouest Africaine," Working Papers 200520, CERDI.
- Thomas J. Sargent & Neil Wallace, 1981. "Some unpleasant monetarist arithmetic," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall.
- Carsten Hefeker, 2010. "Fiscal reform and monetary union in West Africa," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(1), pages 86-102.
- Klein, Michael W. & Marion, Nancy P., 1997. "Explaining the duration of exchange-rate pegs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 387-404, December.
- Galí, Jordi & Perotti, Roberto, 2003. "Fiscal Policy and Monetary Integration in Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 3933, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Xavier Debrun & Paul Masson & Catherine Pattillo, 2005.
"Monetary union in West Africa: who might gain, who might lose, and why?,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(2), pages 454-481, May.
- Paul R Masson & Xavier Debrun & Catherine A Pattillo, 2002. "Monetary Union in West Africa; Who Might Gain, Who Might Lose, and Why?," IMF Working Papers 02/226, International Monetary Fund.
- Antonio Fatás & Ilian Mihov, 2003. "The Case for Restricting Fiscal Policy Discretion," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(4), pages 1419-1447.
- Sutherland, Alan, 1997.
"Fiscal crises and aggregate demand: can high public debt reverse the effects of fiscal policy?,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 147-162, August.
- Alan Sutherland, "undated". "Fiscal Crises and Aggregate Demand: Can High Public Debt Reverse the Effects of Fiscal Policy?," Discussion Papers 95/17, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Sutherland, Alan, 1995. "Fiscal Crises and Aggregate Demand: Can High Public Debt Reverse the Effects of Fiscal Policy?," CEPR Discussion Papers 1246, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alesina, Alberto & Tabellini, Guido, 1987. "Rules and Discretion with Noncoordinated Monetary and Fiscal Policies," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(4), pages 619-630, October.
- Beetsma, Roel M W J & Bovenberg, A Lans, 2001.
"The Optimality of a Monetary Union without a Fiscal Union,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(2), pages 179-204, May.
- Beetsma, Roel & Bovenberg, A Lans, 1998. "The Optimality of a Monetary Union Without a Fiscal Union," CEPR Discussion Papers 1975, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Beetsma, R.M.W.J. & Bovenberg, A.L., 1998. "The optimality of a monetary union without a fiscal union," Discussion Paper 1998-81, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Duguay, Pierre, 1994. "Empirical evidence on the strength of the monetary transmission mechanism in Canada: An aggregate approach," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 39-61, February.
- Ludovic Aubert, 2003. "Les indices des conditions monetaires," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 96, pages 63-102.
- Stasavage, David, 1997. "The CFA Franc Zone and Fiscal Discipline," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 6(1), pages 132-167, March.
- Pagan, Adrian, 1984. "Econometric Issues in the Analysis of Regressions with Generated Regressors," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(1), pages 221-247, February.
- Jean-Baptiste Desquilbet & Patrick Villieu, 1998. "L'indépendance de la Banque centrale peut-elle être contreproductive ? Une illustration en économie ouverte," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 49(6), pages 1415-1434.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- GAMMADIGBE, Vigninou, 2015.
"Indice de cohérence du policy-mix : une proposition
[Policy-mix coherence index : a proposal]," MPRA Paper 63286, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- GAMMADIGBE, Vigninou, 2015. "Policy Mix Coherence Index (PMCI) : A Proposal," MPRA Paper 63583, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic Community of West African States; Policy Mix; Structural Fiscal Balance; Monetary Conditions Index; Economic Community of West African States.;
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
- E63 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Comparative or Joint Analysis of Fiscal and Monetary Policy; Stabilization; Treasury Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2012-03-28 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-MON-2012-03-28 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:halshs-00678712. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.