Issues and Challenges of Measurement of Health:Implications for Economic Research
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Martine AUDIBERT, 2009. "Issues and Challenges of Measurement of Health:Implications for Economic Research," Working Papers 200922, CERDI.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Strauss & Duncan Thomas, 1998. "Health, Nutrition, and Economic Development," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(2), pages 766-817, June.
- Germano Mwabu, 2009. "The Production of Child Health in Kenya: A Structural Model of Birth Weight," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 18(2), pages 212-260, March.
- Clive Bell & Shantayanan Devarajan & Hans Gersbach, 2003. "The long-run economic costs of AIDS : theory and an application to South Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3152, The World Bank.
- Birchenall, Javier A. & Soares, Rodrigo R., 2009.
"Altruism, fertility, and the value of children: Health policy evaluation and intergenerational welfare,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(1-2), pages 280-295, February.
- Javier Birchenall & Rodrigo Reis Soares, 2007. "Altruism, Fertility, and the Value of Children: Health Policy Evaluation and Intergenerational Welfare," Textos para discussão 537, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Birchenall, Javier A. & Soares, Rodrigo R., 2007. "Altruism, Fertility, and the Value of Children: Health Policy Evaluation and Intergenerational Welfare," IZA Discussion Papers 2783, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Javier A. Birchenall & Rodrigo R. Soares, 2007. "Altruism, Fertility, and the Value of Children: Health Policy Evaluation and Intergenerational Welfare," NBER Working Papers 12836, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 2002.
"Insuring Consumption Against Illness,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 51-70, March.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1997. "Insuring Consumption Against Illness," NBER Working Papers 6035, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1998. "Insuring Consumption Against Illness," JCPR Working Papers 41, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Evans, Mary F. & Smith, V. Kerry, 2005. "Do new health conditions support mortality-air pollution effects?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 496-518, November.
- Gouws, Eleanor & Bryce, Jennifer & Pariyo, George & Armstrong Schellenberg, Joanna & Amaral, João & Habicht, Jean-Pierre, 2005. "Measuring the quality of child health care at first-level facilities," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 613-625, August.
- Lachaud, Jean-Pierre, 2007.
"HIV prevalence and poverty in Africa: Micro- and macro-econometric evidences applied to Burkina Faso,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 483-504, May.
- Jean-Pierre Lachaud, 2005. "HIV prevalence and poverty in Africa : micro and macro-econometric evidence applied to Burkina Faso," Documents de travail 113, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
- Jean-Pierre Lachaud, 2007. "HIV Prevalence and Poverty in Africa: Micro and Macro-Econometric Evidence applied to Burkina-Faso," Post-Print hal-00404908, HAL.
- Williams, Alan, 1996. "QALYs and ethics: A health economist's perspective," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 43(12), pages 1795-1804, December.
- Jere R. Behrman & Mark R. Rosenzweig, 2004. "Returns to Birthweight," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(2), pages 586-601, May.
- Doorslaer, Eddy van & Jones, Andrew M., 2003. "Inequalities in self-reported health: validation of a new approach to measurement," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 61-87, January.
- S. Fanshel & J. W. Bush, 1970. "A Health-Status Index and its Application to Health-Services Outcomes," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 18(6), pages 1021-1066, December.
- John Strauss & Paul J. Gertler & Omar Rahman & Kristin Fox, 1993. "Gender and Life-Cycle Differentials in the Patterns and Determinants of Adult Health," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(4), pages 791-837.
- Alan D. Lopez & Colin D. Mathers & Majid Ezzati & Dean T. Jamison & Christopher J. L. Murray, 2006. "Global Burden of Disease and Risk Factors," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7039, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martine AUDIBERT & Pascale COMBES MOTEL & Alassane DRABO, 2010.
"Global Burden of Disease and Economic Growth,"
- Martine AUDIBERT & Pascale COMBES MOTEL & Alassane DRABO, 2012. "Global burden of disease and economic growth," Working Papers 201212, CERDI.
- Martine Audibert & Pascale Combes Motel & Alassane Drabo, 2012. "Global burden of disease and economic growth," Working Papers halshs-00678713, HAL.
- Martine Audibert & Pascale Combes Motel & Alassane Drabo, 2011. "Global Burden of Disease and Economic Growth," Working Papers halshs-00551770, HAL.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:halshs-00554267. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.