Price Discrimination and Customer Behaviour: Empirical Evidence from Marseille
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lederer, Phillip J & Hurter, Arthur P, Jr, 1986. "Competition of Firms: Discriminatory Pricing and Location," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 623-640, May.
- Kreps, David M. & Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John & Wilson, Robert, 1982.
"Rational cooperation in the finitely repeated prisoners' dilemma,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 245-252, August.
- David Kreps & Paul Milgrom & John Roberts & Bob Wilson, 2010. "Rational Cooperation in the Finitely Repeated Prisoners' Dilemma," Levine's Working Paper Archive 239, David K. Levine.
- Stole, Lars A, 1995. "Nonlinear Pricing and Oligopoly," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(4), pages 529-562, Winter.
- Muthoo,Abhinay, 1999. "Bargaining Theory with Applications," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521576475.
- Yongmin Chen, 1997. "Paying Customers to Switch," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(4), pages 877-897, December.
- Weisbuch, Gerard & Kirman, Alan & Herreiner, Dorothea, 2000. "Market Organisation and Trading Relationships," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(463), pages 411-436, April.
- Kirman, Alan P. & Vriend, Nicolaas J., 2001. "Evolving market structure: An ACE model of price dispersion and loyalty," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(3-4), pages 459-502, March.
- Sonia Moulet & Juliette Rouchier, 2008. "The influence of sellers' beliefs and time constraint on a sequential bargaining in an artificial perishable goods market," Post-Print halshs-00550506, HAL.
- Kathryn Graddy, 2006. "Markets: The Fulton Fish Market," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(2), pages 207-220, Spring.
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 2000.
"Customer Poaching and Brand Switching,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 31(4), pages 634-657, Winter.
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 1999. "Customer Poaching and Brand Switching," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1871, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Moulet, Sonia & Rouchier, Juliette, 2008.
"The influence of seller learning and time constraints on sequential bargaining in an artificial perishable goods market,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 2322-2348, July.
- Sonia Moulet & Juliette Rouchier, 2009. "The influence of seller learning and time constraints on sequential bargaining in an artificial perishable goods market," Working Papers halshs-00353505, HAL.
- Mauro Gallegati & Alan Kirman (ed.), 1999. "Beyond the Representative Agent," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1375.
- Kirman, Alan & Schulz, Rainer & Hardle, Wolfgang & Werwatz, Axel, 2005.
"Transactions that did not happen and their influence on prices,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 567-591, April.
- Kirman, Alan P. & Härdle, Wolfgang & Schulz, Rainer & Werwatz, Axel, 2002. "Transactions that did not happen and their influence on prices," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2002,45, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Kirman, Alan & Wolfgang Hardle & Rainer Schulz & Axel Werwatz, 2003. "Transactions That Did Not Happen and Their Influence on Prices," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 123, Royal Economic Society.
- Holmes, Thomas J, 1989. "The Effects of Third-Degree Price Discrimination in Oligopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 244-250, March.
- Alan P. Kirman, 1992. "Whom or What Does the Representative Individual Represent?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 117-136, Spring.
- Raskovich, Alexander, 2007. "Ordered bargaining," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 1126-1143, October.
- Severin Borenstein, 1985. "Price Discrimination in Free-Entry Markets," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(3), pages 380-397, Autumn.
- Falk, Armin & Gachter, Simon & Kovacs, Judit, 1999. "Intrinsic motivation and extrinsic incentives in a repeated game with incomplete contracts," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 251-284, June.
- Noah Gans, 2002. "Customer Loyalty and Supplier Quality Competition," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(2), pages 207-221, February.
- Douglas D. Davis & Charles A. Holt, 1994. "Market Power and Mergers in Laboratory Markets with Posted Prices," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(3), pages 467-487, Autumn.
- Katz, Michael L, 1984. "Price Discrimination and Monopolistic Competition," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(6), pages 1453-1471, November.
- Dorothée Rivaud-Danset & Annick Vignes, 2004. "Le capital-risque et ses deux marchés," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 107(1), pages 171-193.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beckert, Jens, 2011. "Where do prices come from? Sociological approaches to price formation," MPIfG Discussion Paper 11/3, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Sylvain Mignot & Gabriele Tedeschi & Annick Vignes, 2012. "An Agent Based Model of Switching: The Case of Boulogne S/mer Fish Market," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 15(2), pages 1-3.
- Joshua Sherman & Avi Weiss, 2015.
"Price Response, Asymmetric Information and Competition,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 125(589), pages 2077-2115, December.
- Joshua Sherman & Avi Weiss, 2012. "Price Response, Asymmetric Information, and Competition," Working Papers 2012-13, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsFace-to-face bargaining; customer loyalty;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:halshs-00349036. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.